need wiring help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mad_hatter

Its Da Mad Hatter
ok its a crx dx the ecu plugs were all cut out freaking idiots huh well i need help no wiring conversion thing is going to help i need wiring knowledge so if you can help please

* = the wire is thicker guage

YELLOW WIRES
silver dashes >2wires
red stripe
silver dashes/green stripe
*orange dashes/red stripe
*orange dashes >2wires
*silver dashes/white stripe
*silver dashes/black stripe
this one is a thick wire spiced into two of same color

GREEN WIRES
silver dash/red stripe
black stripe
double silver dash/orange stripe
double silver dash
*orange dash
silver dash/white stripe
*orange dash/white stripe
*orange dash/black stripe >2wires
orange dash/white stripe

RED WIRES
silver dash/white stripe
*blue dash/white stripe
*blue dash/blue stripe
*blue dash/yellow stripe
blue dash >2wires

BLACK WIRES
orn dash/yell stripe
silv dash >2
silv dash/red stripe

then....
orange w/ blue dash
brown w/ blue dash

then....
three sets of silver insulated wires with a brown taped together
brown w/ silv dash/black stripe is spliced to uninsulated silver wires that run into the other sets
set1
orange
white
set2
wht
set3
orn w/ thin blue strip
wht w/ thin blue strip

now there is only a few scattered that are the same in color so i need some way of sorting those out? maybe ohms or what i dunno but any input is welcomed

=) I know everything to fix this... and if it were my car... I would still get another chassis harness.

Your answers can only be found through the wiring diagram for your vehicle and by the use of a volt meter. Most matching wires go to either a common ground, or a fused power source.

NorCal CRX Club
The CRX workshop manual is here, download link on the left.

ive been looking for a chassis harness but havnt had much luck yet and im afraid to even see what honda wants for it, its a low budget project just a stock gsr swap so im tryn to keep funds toward tires and stuff but if you know where i can get one cheap please let me know i need some obd1 dizzy plugs too every junkyard either wont let me clip'em or there already gone

another question the wires have dashes on then some are a yellow orange, some silver, then some blue do you know the signifigance of these colors i have to find another manual i think the one on that site is for a si or hf or something i have more wires than that page does

there is no significance in color. sadly. usually when you do swaps you use the harness that came with the car (not the new engine) and wire that up. it saves a HELL of a lot of time.

thats what im doing the stock ecu clips were cut out and im trying to figure out what goes to what i looked at the shop manual and the wires dont add up right so i need to find some method of tracking down each one or get the dash engine harness for a cheap decent price for a 89crx dx

Back