1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need your in put on turbo.

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by rkwoos12, Sep 23, 2009.

1. rkwoos12

rkwoos12 New Member

hey guys i been wanting to boost my car but i dont have much cash i looked at the turbo kits that you can buy from ebay for like 600 bucks now i know that most of ebay turbos are not good but i found a guy that sells kits and peoples reviews says that the turbo is great and stuff. i plan on running low boost on stock engine untill i get my new engine build but thats way down the road if i do build a new engine that will handle a good a mount of boost i will probably go with a good name brand turbo kit or something, but for now what would you guys suggest, should i buy the ebay turbo kit and run low boost on my stock engine? would it last any if i run low boost? also i will have a good tune with this set up may go with larger injectors fuel pump the bassics but nothing crazy that cost a lot of money. just trying to decide one weather to buy the ebay kit of just stay stock for now untill i save up and get a good turbo kit from turbonetics or something. heres a link to the kit i been looking at.

Civic Integra B16 B18 T3 T04E Turbo Intercooler Kit :eBay Motors (item 190335979726 end time Oct-19-09 11:00:38 PDT)

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

just save and get a good name brand kit to start with, there is always a chance there junk even if the reviews are good, so i would just save a bit more and get a good kit, i dont know if there still on sale or not but about a month ago greddy kits was on sale for 900 bucks

3. rkwoos12

rkwoos12 New Member

yeah i may just wait and put my money in to a new built engine cause my current engine dose have 100k miles when the car is a 00 civic si with only 75k on body.

4. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

100k isnt that bad on a honda motor

5. rkwoos12

rkwoos12 New Member

i know but i dont have a good feeling about my engine my cars been ragged out and im trying to bring it back to life it had TON of problems when i first got it also the motor is a obd0 b16a converted to obd2 with all obd2 sensors but missing a few like crank sensor and knock sensor but im running a chipped obd1 ecu that way i could disable the crank and knock sensor.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted