NetFlix.com

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

comutek

Has anyone here use NetFlix.com to rent DVDs? Thought on the service? How much are you paying a month?

i keep getting ads from them, and they won't stop. I say they are a bunch of fucking spammers who should be shot.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 7 2003, 11:28 PM
i keep getting ads from them, and they won't stop. I say they are a bunch of fucking spammers who should be shot.

what do you mean getting ads from them? via email just just randomly popping up as you surf? you should probably get a Pop-Up killer to stop that.

no, not ads- emails. spam mails.

3-4 a day sometimes.

i actually used them once. free for a month deal.

its cool and all for free, but i wouldnt pay 20d a month, unless you watch an assload of movies. youre allowed to have i think 3 at a time. considering mail takes at least 2 days both ways, youre looking at a 4 day minimun layover between one movie exchanging for the next.

but get it free for a month and just cancel before your times up.

Originally posted by toyarmy@Jul 8 2003, 12:20 AM
i actually used them once. free for a month deal.

its cool and all for free, but i wouldnt pay 20d a month, unless you watch an assload of movies. youre allowed to have i think 3 at a time. considering mail takes at least 2 days both ways, youre looking at a 4 day minimun layover between one movie exchanging for the next.

but get it free for a month and just cancel before your times up.

cool, thanks for the info. that is what i signed up for last night of the yahoo movies site.

my mom uses it and loves the service. you can have out 3 movies at a time, and keep them as long as you wish, you just don't get any new ones till you return one, you can set up a wish list and as you return you get new movies.

Its not bad !!! Its a pretty painless method of renting DVD's but if you goto you local hollywood or blockbuster they usually have a $20 rent all you want for 30 day program to compete with netflix. But with Netflix there is no due date so you can have them as long as you want. I even lost 2 DVD's in the mail and they didn't charge me. But when I cancelled, I forgot to send in the 3 DVD's I had and they charged me $30 for each !!!

If you rent alot of movies, go for it !!! You can rent about 20-30 movies a month if you watch and return the next day !!! Then just set up your wish list online and they will autmatically ship whats next on your list !!!

You can even rent movies like Girls Gone Wild !!! A big +++++ :worthy:

I "rented"
American History X
The Real Cancun
The Recruit
should be here thursday.

american history x is one of the top 5 movies ever. the recruit isnt too shabby, prolly not in my top 25 though. never seen cancun.

just to let ya know what your getting :p

Originally posted by micah@Jul 8 2003, 06:31 PM
american history x is one of the top 5 movies ever. the recruit isnt too shabby, prolly not in my top 25 though. never seen cancun.

just to let ya know what your getting :p

yeah, i've seen AHX, it's not in my top 5 but probably the best 'racially themed' movie i've seen.

id agree to that. believer is another one. low budget, independent film, but still pretty decent

alright, i got my first 3 DVDs today. so i ordered them tuesday, got them wednesday, watched them tonight. dropped the first two back in the mailbox.

i believe they have a DVD distribution center in Coppell which is like 10 miles from my home so shipping should just be one day both ways.

American History X: I forgot how much i loved this movie. Still great even after seeing it 4-5 times. However it did start this insane argument w/ my roomate about affirmative action in schools (which i oppose). Ed Norton is just amazing, the characters he plays in each movie are so diverse. Ed Norton has got to be one of my top 5 favorite actors.

The Real Cancun: It was very interesting but more like an extended real world episode. I personally liked the movie but that's probably because i can totally relate to Alan's character. However, it did cause some flashbacks from my cruise last month to Cozumel/Playa del Carmen.

$20/mo all postage prepaid, unlimited movies, they jsut send out a new one as they receive your old one.

NetFlix is great! My wife and I use it religously (I boycotted Blockbuster, they suck).

We are doing so well with the rotation that we're watching about 5 to 6 movies a month. If you count possible late fees and actually driving to return videos, $20 is worth it to me.

Steve

Originally posted by k-series@Jul 10 2003, 07:33 AM
NetFlix is great! My wife and I use it religously (I boycotted Blockbuster, they suck).

We are doing so well with the rotation that we're watching about 5 to 6 movies a month. If you count possible late fees and actually driving to return videos, $20 is worth it to me.

Steve

i think my deal is it's really nice to just browse through their titles online and then you just click the rent button. i hate going to blockbuster, finding a movie, waiting in line, dealing w/ the nerd working there, etc...

w/ netflix you can view their top 100 most popular movies, get suggestions from critics, search their database, or browse by genre. like i said you just click the rent button, get your DVD a day or two later, watch it, drop it off in the prepaid envelope when you're ready.

the keep them out as long as you want thing is nice too.

I love my netflix.....member since oct 02, they have all the hard to find 80's stuff and tons of anmie,some of it is the edited stuff like Legend of the Overfiend but some is killer.they also have alot of the japanese weekly toons on dvd dubbed.I get 5 at a time for 30 a month and watch assloads.................of course I do live in very rural Iowa, but I still would've loved it when I lived in denver.

Back