NetFlix.com

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I generally rent on impulse... so I don't think waiting the couple days would be good. You said they have a distro center near your house? Do they have lots around the US? Maybe there is one near my house too...

What I want is a service where I can download a movie and watch it whenever I want for a low fee.

Oh wait, I can do that on Kazaa for free... hehe.

The only thing that sucks is the new releases. They usually don't get the new releases the same time local video stores do so you have to wait a little bit longer, and then make sure you get on the que list soon or else you'll be on the backorder list !!! Unless things have changed since I've been a member.

Originally posted by randerson165@Jul 10 2003, 08:06 PM
The only thing that sucks is the new releases. They usually don't get the new releases the same time local video stores do so you have to wait a little bit longer, and then make sure you get on the que list soon or else you'll be on the backorder list !!! Unless things have changed since I've been a member.

i'm not going to become a member, just doing this trial thing. but hey for free it's great :)

Originally posted by micah@Jul 10 2003, 07:33 PM
Legend of the Overfiend
lol

Urotsukidoji!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone gave that to me to watch a LONG time ago... what a horrible piece of "DTR". Gotta love the "Demon Tentacle Rape" and "Alien Tentacle Rape" hentais.

:p

the recruit was a pretty solid movie, i wouldn't watch it again but not bad. actually a little predictable.

next three movies:

Y Tu Mama Tambien
25th Hour
Philadelphia

let me know about 25th hour, been wanting to watch it. edward norton is da shizzy

A bunch of the CT guys on here saw it one night, we could not wait for the fucking movie to end. That movie was one of the worst movies I ever saw.

Originally posted by jeff@Jul 12 2003, 12:22 AM
A bunch of the CT guys on here saw it one night, we could not wait for the fucking movie to end. That movie was one of the worst movies I ever saw.

Ebert & Roeper both gave it excellent reviews. I agree w/ them probably 75% of the time even though i'm hit and miss w/ those guys lately.

For instance i loved adaptation, thought it was great movie but hated punch drunk love.

Roeper's list of the best movies of 2002 is pretty close to what i think.

1. "Gangs of New York" A
2. "25th Hour" not seen
3. "Minority Report" B+
4. "Y Tu Mama Tambien" not seen
5. "Adaptation" A
6. "Signs" A-
7. "Rabbit-Proof Fence" not seen
8. "About Schmidt" A
9. "One Hour Photo" not seen
10. "About a Boy" not seen

y tu mama tambien is an awesome movie, if you're into foreign flicks then you'll def enjoy it. if you do, also rent 'amores perros', same principal actor, its a great tarantino-esque movie but in spanish.

Originally posted by djextremity@Jul 13 2003, 02:34 AM
y tu mama tambien is an awesome movie, if you're into foreign flicks then you'll def enjoy it. if you do, also rent 'amores perros', same principal actor, its a great tarantino-esque movie but in spanish.

yup we watched it tonight. i liked it too but wish i knew more spanish since the director's commentary doesn't have subtitles.

Originally posted by jeff@Jul 12 2003, 12:22 AM

watched 25th hour last night. 2 people liked it, the other 3 didn't. i was in the minority.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 16 2003, 10:49 PM
25th hour was pretty cool
overall id give it a :thumbsup:

it's a really cool movie if you compare the story line w/ pre & post 911 events. i love the stories of rebuilding and starting over.

reminds me of my favorite quote "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing".

Back