New acura

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

someone should be working for honda.....

lol you contradict your self so many times about that miata

oh yeah that new acura looks ugly. its not a tl tho the new tl looks like a tsx but bigger sorta. that new acura looks like the new maxima sorta for some reason

But it's not meant to be a friggin' drag car. Christ, everyone thinks that straight line is the only performance, but you shit on American muscle cars. WTF? The Miata was designed to be a car for the TURNS. Goddamn, when will you people learn to respect cars for what they're DESIGNED TO DO?

Yes, I am aware that its not meant to be drag car, and that its meant to perform in handling turns.

And when did i diss on muscle cars?

You need to settle down man, but we coo.

that 1.0 must rev out to about 10k or so...my old Geo had 55 hp out of it's 1.0 3 cylinder :lol:

That Acura looks too 'European' to me.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Aug 20 2003, 07:27 PM
if you've driven RWD or AWD, you'll laugh at anyone that uses FWD and "fun" in the same sentence.

i dunno, i've found AWD to feel alot like FWD, at least when you compare to RWD, now that feels totally different.

that new Legend/TL or whatever it is looks like a Peugot from the front and the shape of the back looks like an Altima with a twist.
I don't like the look of the S1000. it looks like they took the S2000 and slapped it with an ugly stick one too many times. what honda needs to do is take the S2K chasis and somehow put a slightly detuned NSX motor in there so it'll be a serious roadster. at a price tag of $33K i would hope i can get a kick out of it that's alomost to the level of the '03 Cobra. ok, let the flaming begin...i know someone is going to have something stupid to say about my ideas so lets hear it.

i was considering trading my stang in for that Cobra but i decided to wait until that new 2005 Mustang comes out. i'm a huge fan of the 60's Mustangs and the new one looks like a freakin 67-68 Fastback...i want one really badly.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Aug 21 2003, 09:56 AM
i was considering trading my stang in for that Cobra but i decided to wait until that new 2005 Mustang comes out. i'm a huge fan of the 60's Mustangs and the new one looks like a freakin 67-68 Fastback...i want one really badly.

that was only the prototype, some "insiders" said dont hold your breath on that new/old thing. Just like chevy is suppose to comeback with the 05 f-bodies to look like the old 60's style camaro's/firebirds. its not happening, as much as want it to. I'm waiting for the 05 cobra, 500hp/500tq, but depending on what it looks like. I might just go get an 03 sometime this yr, since they are like 32K now.

Originally posted by B16@Aug 21 2003, 12:32 AM

i dunno, i've found AWD to feel alot like FWD, at least when you compare to RWD, now that feels totally different.

AWD, FWD, and RWD all have their own unique responses. True, AWD feels like FWD, but that's only if you're a sissy and drive it like a FWD car. Mash the pedal and the rear will come around like a RWD car, but you'll shoot out of the turn on the line rather than just fishtail all over the place like you would in said RWD car.

Things you can get away with in an AWD car- entering the turn a bit on the spicey side, being able to power out of it, and coming out the other side like your hair's on fire and your ass is catching. Same turn, same conditions, only a FWD car, and if you don't initiate full on terminal understeer and plow off into the weeds, you'll have to coast around most of the turn to get the car to rotate. Same turn, same conditions, only a RWD car, and you'll have to dance on the brake and gas pedal to keep it in line and from spinning out on exit.

AWD isn't just for gravel or snow. It's simply AMAZING on pavement. My exit speeds are the same, if not higher in my bone stock AllTrac than they were in my heavily modded Si hatch (springs, shocks, sways, bushings, wheels, turbo, brakes) simply because I can get on the power sooner, it affects the car more evenly when going to all four wheels, and I never have to worry about wheel spin. Hard 2nd gear 30 MPH turn? No problem! Mash the gas, let the rear end rotate, and then rocket out of it like you've never felt before. And my car isn't even as advanced as the Subees. I have open diffs front and rear, and a viscous center diff that divides the power 50/50 all the time.

If you've never driven an AWD car in anger... Please, go do so.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Aug 21 2003, 08:57 AM-->
@Aug 21 2003, 12:32 AM

AWD, FWD, and RWD all have their own unique responses. True, AWD feels like FWD, but that's only if you're a sissy and drive it like a FWD car. Mash the pedal and the rear will come around like a RWD car, but you'll shoot out of the turn on the line rather than just fishtail all over the place like you would in said RWD car.

Things you can get away with in an AWD car- entering the turn a bit on the spicey side, being able to power out of it, and coming out the other side like your hair's on fire and your ass is catching. Same turn, same conditions, only a FWD car, and if you don't initiate full on terminal understeer and plow off into the weeds, you'll have to coast around most of the turn to get the car to rotate. Same turn, same conditions, only a RWD car, and you'll have to dance on the brake and gas pedal to keep it in line and from spinning out on exit.

AWD isn't just for gravel or snow. It's simply AMAZING on pavement. My exit speeds are the same, if not higher in my bone stock AllTrac than they were in my heavily modded Si hatch (springs, shocks, sways, bushings, wheels, turbo, brakes) simply because I can get on the power sooner, it affects the car more evenly when going to all four wheels, and I never have to worry about wheel spin. Hard 2nd gear 30 MPH turn? No problem! Mash the gas, let the rear end rotate, and then rocket out of it like you've never felt before. And my car isn't even as advanced as the Subees. I have open diffs front and rear, and a viscous center diff that divides the power 50/50 all the time.

If you've never driven an AWD car in anger... Please, go do so.

thats just the thing, i have driven my friends WRX on the thunderhill track (3 mile road course) and i was not driving like a sissy, it was an hpde group3, too many people would be on my ass, haha. i agree it does feel better when exiting the turn, you definatly have more traction, but the car understeers like FWD. that was the point i was trying to make i think :) he should be getting a larger rear sway soon, that should help with its rotation. but ultimately, i was not as impressed by the AWD as i expected. maybe i wasn't pushing it hard enough into the turns, but it just felt like i'd plow right out of it.

well i just thought i would put my say in a little. for the 05 rl i dont much like it like another guy said the front and ass end arent that good looking and could used some improvements put but none the less still acura. and the sk1000 it does remind me of a miata and that will probably be marketed to the younger female crowd but hey that just my opinon on the topic. more later

Back