New ad methods

ads

• old way was better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ads suck (then paypal me money :

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
New advertising methods I'm trying out...

From now on, all topics with more than 3 posts will have the 3rd post being generated by our brand new Ad Bot.

ads will still be served in rotation...

but it takes away some clutter to the top of the site.... and 98% of every topic on here goes more than 3 posts, so impressions for advertisers will not be effected.

and more so, it puts the ad where you will be reading- instead of the top corner that you hardly ever catch.

thoughts?

Wait so every 3rd post or just the 3rd post of each topic?

Either way it's just another thing you have to scroll through.

Why not move them to the top and bottom of the topics so that you can see them more directly, but don't have to scroll to the top/bottom of the entir epage to check out?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 22 2004, 05:44 PM
3rd post per page.

so only 1 ad per page.

A'ight. I can deal with that.

Being the irrational asshole that I am, I nearly kicked the closest animal I could find when I saw an ad when I was reading a thread. Change it back!

Eh, I posted before I saw this thread. It should have been a sticky.

Originally posted by pissedoffhonkey
What the fuck is this AdBot shit, man? I see the banners, and I click them, OK? I never buy anything, because nobody on a Honda site is going to offer me anything for a Geo or a Toyota, but I click anyway like a good little Honkey. And then I see them popping up in the middle of the threads? What the fuck, man? Get that shit out of my face, OK?

I've threatened to leave in the past, and have come back, but I swear to fucking God, if you don't get rid of those, I'm fucking leaving. Fuck that shit, man. I get enough spam and pop ups; I don't need to weed through unsolicited advertisements while I'm trying to read a fucking post.

lol, nice enthusiam! I still hate it though. That gay smiley face avatar makes me want to hit someone.

I hate it. At least we can run pop up blockers and or close the box real fast. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I visit the same thread multiple times to read what has changed. In essence, I'm force-fed the same ad several times. I'm sorry Brian, this sucks. I'd rather paypal you a dollar than look at these stupid ads of crap I don't want. I even click on the ones at the top and bottom once in a while to support the site.

:ghey:

Originally posted by tab@Jun 22 2004, 08:13 PM
I hate it. At least we can run pop up blockers and or close the box real fast. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I visit the same thread multiple times to read what has changed. In essence, I'm force-fed the same ad several times. I'm sorry Brian, this sucks. I'd rather paypal you a dollar than look at these stupid ads of crap I don't want. I even click on the ones at the top and bottom once in a while to support the site.

:ghey:

Thats why I hit the little button off to the left of the name of the thread so I can go to the first new post, instead of re-reading what I already have read.

Cool deal, but I'll never seem em. won't say how I did it cause I know you need the ad dollars.

s40d8e37dc5c26.jpg

That's all I see now

Don't like it. It makes it tougher to read through the post and stuff. And it looks like dog shit.

hmmmmmmm......kind of half and half about it, the idea I like and I am sure the sponsors will benefit and thus the site benefiting down the road, but like most people that don't like change it just takes time to adjust I guess. So I would say keep it and see what happens in a little while.

Back