New CA JDM engine swap laws.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

For such a large state, it most really stinks to live there. Even with a strong car culture there. The food there is not bad. But Cali just has to mess it up for the rest of the cars in the USA. lol

I'm moving to Vegas...I've been trying to figure out the laws out there. Do they ckec emmisions and do inspections? If so, could I just go outside of Vegas and get it done, then go back?

Anywhere inside of Clark County requires emissions/smog check. Same with Washoe County (Reno area). All other locations are smog exempt. There is no inspection either. Vehicles with out of state registrations/non-Nevada titles just have to get a VIN verification.

The part that sucks is the smog checks and registrations are only good for one year.

The only thing the guy was looking for on my car was for the EGR. My CRX doesn't have one, so he wasn't sure if he should run the test as a California car or if it should have been run as a 49-stater--either way, it passed. Their smog laws aren't very strict.

In texas you can't put say a 94 F22b1 in a 97 acccord, it has to be the same or newer engine that was in the car... its lame because I can't switch to OBD I because that stopped in 95, and I have a 97

Depends on what area in Texas. Around here, I can put whatever the hell I want in whatever the hell I want. As long as the blinkers blink and the horn honks, I get a sticker.

Depends on what area in Texas. Around here, I can put whatever the hell I want in whatever the hell I want. As long as the blinkers blink and the horn honks, I get a sticker.

Pretty much.

Back