1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new cooling concept

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by cycloneb18c3, Oct 8, 2004.

1. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

NEW F150 SVT website
    read in the engineering part about the AC cooling the intake down. pretty neat idea.... Wonder if someone could make it work in a Honda?

2. [Freemantle]

[Freemantle] Senior Member

I've seen this all over. This is easily do-able, but you want to have the newer, lung-friendly refrigerant. What 99% of the market has in their vehicles is not said refrigerant.

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Damn. Old news like... 2 years ago.

4. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

that lightning looks SWEET!!

5. civicext

civicext Member

well ac cooling for charged systems has been around for yrs. a few playes over sea's have been selling it as after market add on for cars :ph34r: ... the way i found out was the guy i got my motor from yers ago told me.. if any one can find it there was a test done on a stock mustang with the set up ganed 50hp off the bat"do not know how true that is" on the test. any one find it hit me up i want to read it

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

drain of an a/c system would not benefit the gain in power in the long run IMO

7. audioguru76

audioguru76 Junior Member

i think maybe you guys missed something in the reading. i talks of injecting cooling down a stored amount of coolant and then feeding that into the the existing intercooling system..i'm thinking air/water intercooler with a super chilled charge when you need it. it also says it's only good for 30-45 seconds and will regenerate in 2 minutes or so.

sum up, i take it as a normal water/air intercooler with a heat exchanger (think vortec supercharger with aftercooler) that has a seperate holding tank that is super cooled (like putting ice in the system) to quickly drop the temps below the normal operating temp (increase the efficiency of the intercooler, like the Ntercooler from NX).

anybody else get that from the reading?

Ben

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted