new cooling concept

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Oct 8 2004, 09:36 PM
NEW F150 SVT website
read in the engineering part about the AC cooling the intake down. pretty neat idea.... Wonder if someone could make it work in a Honda?
[post=400297]Quoted post[/post]​

I've seen this all over. This is easily do-able, but you want to have the newer, lung-friendly refrigerant. What 99% of the market has in their vehicles is not said refrigerant.

well ac cooling for charged systems has been around for yrs. a few playes over sea's have been selling it as after market add on for cars :ph34r: ... the way i found out was the guy i got my motor from yers ago told me.. if any one can find it there was a test done on a stock mustang with the set up ganed 50hp off the bat"do not know how true that is" on the test. any one find it hit me up i want to read it

i think maybe you guys missed something in the reading. i talks of injecting cooling down a stored amount of coolant and then feeding that into the the existing intercooling system..i'm thinking air/water intercooler with a super chilled charge when you need it. it also says it's only good for 30-45 seconds and will regenerate in 2 minutes or so.

sum up, i take it as a normal water/air intercooler with a heat exchanger (think vortec supercharger with aftercooler) that has a seperate holding tank that is super cooled (like putting ice in the system) to quickly drop the temps below the normal operating temp (increase the efficiency of the intercooler, like the Ntercooler from NX).

anybody else get that from the reading?

Ben

Back