new dc4 build... first one documented

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You came across good sir! Just sharing the experience and in fact updated the other thread as now I have ran them a year. Double up on them if you can and the extra weight will hang up nice and tight to the chassis.

They work great - solved the problem I was having.

Made some progress today, got the front upper control arms and ITR spring/strut assemblies in, and should have known it was going TOO smoothly... Because most of the rear lca, camber and toe arm bolts were seized and BROKE!!!! I got as far as removing the enitre rear suspension assemblies, and called it a day... We'll see how it goes tomorrow....

as far as the picture of the struts side by side LS on the right ITR on the left... ill post more up tomorrow... gotta burn the old trailing arm bushing to install the energy suspension bushings!!! TORCH TIME!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!

Attachments

• image-313359017.jpg
    image-313359017.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 234
  • image-3095439692.jpg
    image-3095439692.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 235
  • image-2028945010.jpg
    image-2028945010.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 245
  • image-1634230688.jpg
    image-1634230688.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
adjustable rear toe arms... makes the job SO MUCH EASIER AND PRECISE!!!
558303_4361819569798_1304330504_n.jpg

How much Energy Suspension components did you get for it? I put a full kit in my hatchback - real nice.

You know, to be honest, I've been buying them separate as i work on the car. My last car (stolen white integra) i bought a fill kit, and installed them all at once... Had more time back then, no kids lol. I think the rear training arm bushings were about thirty bucks... A lot of this stuff was purchased in march with the tax return money... With the bushings and suspension its installed and after the alignment, this thing drives AWESOME!!! Ill take pictures on the ride height and stance after i wash it... I know ill get a few "needs moar low" comments on here, but this is the stance that i like. Any lower and the utility of the car goes out the window... Tires start to rub, control arms bottom out... Maybe im getting old???

And as far as the energy suspension components, the whole front end has them now, trans shifter bushings, motor mount inserts, trailing arm bushings, rear sway bar bushings.... And i think thats it...

I would more equate it more to experienced.

As far as "Low" goes, that's a personal preference. I don't talk "Low" or "Slammed" anymore as the terms are somewhat lacking and really don't fit my program. "Ride height" is what were talking. I ended up there after some years of racing go karts and setting up dirt bikes. My ride is OEM for ride height currently. Next round of struts I am considering some adjustables so I can tune the ride height - yes probably an inch or so lower than OEM - I doubt much more than that - ever.

Yes indeed on the poly bushings, they tighten things up real good.

Nice job on your project! :)

Last edited:
thank you! likewise on yours... saaaay... what IS the status of your build???
Still driving a rental car. Need to put mine together. It's been pretty friggin hot in my neighborhood lately, it's dropping down to ~100 this past week. I picked up a new tool last weekend that will help with the heat. Also ordered up a couple of larger sets of nozzles for the 5 port water mister. The 0.012" plug up pretty easily, even with an inline filter on the hose. Ordered up a set of 0.015" and a set of 0.020 along with some music wire to clear them.

3/4 hp and 48", rated at 18,000 cfm with 2 speeds.

Maxx%20Air%2048%20Fan.jpg

so i got to thinking that one day someone will try to be my baby girls boy-"FRIEND"... snif.... im ready..
297015_4386373823639_983486723_n.jpg

just sit him down, put all the gizmos and gadgets from Meet the Parents and you probably willn't need a gun lmao

Back