1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New guy #2

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by DA niner, Mar 6, 2011.

1. DA niner

DA niner New Member

Well, hate to ride your coattails minty but I have yet to figure out how to post my own new thread, so I'm using yours to introduce myself. Hope you dont mind.

Name is Chris and I own a 92 DA I just recently bought for $5500, heres what its got.
    1.8 non vtec, balanced and blueprinted built by C&C perfomance
    Weisco pistons 11:1 compression
    Crower billet connecting rods, I beam
    Crower 402 cams
    Crower double springs, valves and titanium ret
    random tech high flow cat
    Iceman cold air intake
    Borla stainless muffler
    9lb flywheel
    Fluidyne full size rad
    Skunk 2 ecu mod chip\
    Powerslot rotors
    Toikico struts

Theres some other minor cosmetic stuff too, I fell for this car because my previous car was also a DA and this one looked like what i thought was a complete project. It just recently skipped time (i think) and has rust, electric shorts, and flaking paint. So this is a hard question to ask because i think i know the answer... Did I get screwed on this deal? Is there an easy way to tell if it has bent valves if it wont start? I'm about to deploy, so when i come home i intend to give it some serious tlc, until then hello and im sure you'll see me on here.

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

moved to your own thread.

Welcome!

3. DA niner

DA niner New Member

Cool, thanks for the help with the thread stuff. Well looks like the libyans dont want me to worry about my car right now, so I probably wont be on for awhile. Looking to store the car somewhere at least somewhat safe, hopefully she wont rust away too badly in 10 months or so..

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

5. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

Welcome! To answer your question, YES you did get screwed. With a little effort I'm sure I could get myself a fleet of running DA integras for $5500.

6. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

Yea.. um... :eek:

7. DA niner

DA niner New Member

Eh, too late now I guess... Might as well enjoy the hell out of it and take this lesson learned the hard way.

8. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

very hard way.. bent over a washing machine hard way...

9. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

yeah id say... you can get a running DA thats in at least decent shape for around $2k, maybe less. i just recently saw a really really clean DA complete rolling shell sell for $700. for 5500 you could have bought that, bought a gsr motor and turboed it.

10. DA niner

DA niner New Member

got another question, I've been told that with 11:1 compression I wouldnt be able to run forced induction without using race gas. I took my car to the auto hobby shop on base and the tech there said i would be able to, as long as i didnt exceed 7psi. With >7 psi and the pistons i have would that make around the same power as if I bought lower compression pistons and ran higher boost?
    And for the record, the car has alot more than what I listed (which was only the high dollar stuff). I mean, i know i got screwed, but its not like i was crying in the shower afterward.

11. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

its all about tuning

12. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

not true. if the car turns out to be a lemon, you can talk to you JAG on post. they will help you out. there are lemon laws and laws that also help protect military members, even if they are self inflicated issues.

13. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

People boost on 11:1 all the time.

14. DA niner

DA niner New Member

Got it all ready today, took off the bumper (for towing), spoiler (for the car cover) and sanded and re-cleared the flaking areas to try and avoid rust. Fogged the non running engine best i could, seafoam in the gastank... i think thats about it, deployment is close.. I will truly miss my da until i come back and rebuild everything i can afford

15. smoovsonny

smoovsonny New Member

Same problem as the new guy. I'm new and have a couple questions. I have. Ls motor in my 99 civic, but I need to know what year the motor is and if it will pass California bar. I can't seem to find a bin on the engine nor tranny

16. smoovsonny

smoovsonny New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted