New honda in the Family

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Well my brother just bought his first car about 2 hours ago.

I found it for him on HT.

Here is the thread...

89 CRX

It has the EXACT same wheels and tires as me.

He hates the Steering wheel and Tach. I hate them too. I am going to take both off and try and sell them. I would like to somehow trade someone for a stock wheel.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Aug 8 2004, 10:15 PM
thats a clean looking CRX. :thumbsup:

your brother have any plans for it?
[post=374142]Quoted post[/post]​

Not really. He isn't really into cars like I am. He wants to put a JDM rear seat in it just so he can atleast take more then one other person in emergencys. I am trying to take him into swaping either a ZC or a b16a1 into it. I might put my teg seats into it if the stock ones are screwed. I haven't even seen the car yet, they called me (my parents and brother) and said they would be home around 11.

well, my brother just brought it home. Really nice. Body is in GREAT shape. I really am not a fan of yellow cars, but I really like it. Interior is in GREAT shape. Has aftermarket speakers (I didn't take the speaker covers off because by the time he showed up it was already midnight and the things are held on by 2 screws) However, he has what looks like CRX seats, he doesn't have CRX rails. The driver side is ghettoly mounted in, while the passenger's is only mounted in 3 out of 4 of the spots. I will defently have to fix it soon. The steering wheel. although it is ugly as hell, its quite comfy. I really like the feel of it.

There are a few problems. Brakes blow. I am going to try and just switch the fluid over to ATE type200 brake fluid. The pedal was real spongy.

Shifter bushing is not existent. It's sloppier then a drunk during happy hour. However, I have a set of ES bushings that still haven't even been taken out of the package, and they are for a d-series. I bought a set for my car, but they sent me the wrong set. I was too lazy to send them back, so now I have them. I'll charge him 20 for them.

The fronts have KYB adjustable and skunk2 coilovers, the rears have stock shocks (which he told me about) and not skunk 2 coilovers in the rear. might be dropzone because the springs are blue.

Tires are shot. The front left is bald, the back right has extreme Toe were and is now showing a cord. the other 2 are not bad.

Muffler blows. Its a no name POS. Big and ricey. Not horribly loud but I will try and find him a stock like replacement.

Broken windsheild. Just one crack but it is in veiwing range, so i know my brother will get in trouble for that pretty quick.

question for all you CRX owners. Did they come with rear sway's stock? I believe that the car was orginally a DX, however, when he bought the car, it had a blown engine, and he swaped in a d16a6. This one does have a stock rear one. I was impressed.

some do some dont.

my 1g 5spd that i daily drove was a dx with neither.
but my 1g auto that i bought was a dx with front AND rear sway.

Originally posted by xyswany@Aug 9 2004, 11:43 AM
Damn, nice car for $2,100. I need to start watching the classifieds more often.
[post=374281]Quoted post[/post]​

Look at the last page, $2000 :)

I just replaced the shifter bushings with some Prothane ones I had lying around. Fixed the slopply shifter 09438208409234 times over. Much better now.

I then bled the brakes. I had a full bottle of ATE Type200, so I put that in there. Did absolutly nothing. I am putting my money on a bad Master cylinder. Brake pads don't have much meat on them either, so I will probally put new ones on before I leave for College. For MC, I will just go with the 91 Civic EX 15/16ths MC, and for pads, I will probally go with some hawks or something like that.

Not gonna be a bad little ride for a first car, y0. Not that much coin, either. It's cool you're fixing it up for him too - maybe he'll appreciate it a little. :)

EDIT: The color reminds me of this extremely anal detailer guy that lives like 3 blocks from where I work. He does his detailing out of his garage, and I don't doubt that he is very good, but this is just too funny. This guy has this Barbados Yellow (I think?) '88 CRX. Granted, it is perfect. Absolutely no rust, immaculately maintained, he's the second owner, after an elderly doctor's wife sold him the car due to her inability to drive and care for it. It's one of those cheesy "bought it from an old lady" cars. The most mind boggling part is the mileage on the car... It had (when I looked at it) merely 26,500 ORIGINAL miles! I was like, OMG man, this thing's not even broken in! So when my CRX broke, I went to look at it. It's the original color, never been hit, he'd added a wings-west factory-looking spolier that was nearly perfectly colormatched, and he'd put 16" schwab wheels with 45-series tires on it. Guess his asking price.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 9 2004, 01:05 PM
is he going to be
asmallcrx? :)
[post=374328]Quoted post[/post]​

lol. If someone has already taken the name and they have less then 5 posts, I am changing there name :) j/p

no, like I said, he's not really into cars that much.

It's cool you're fixing it up for him too - maybe he'll appreciate it a little.

I also found the car for him over on H-T. I put a WTB cheap CRX/Hatch in the classifieds and this guy sent me the link. But I like working on cars, and so far everything is 10 minute jobs. I will be doing a few other maintance things. I might also change the exhaust thats on it. Probally just do that with a replacement muffler from autozone and some clamps and extra piping.

Battle pope, I am guessing around 7k?

Sounds good man! :thumbsup:

And he was asking 8k for the yellow 'rex. it was ridiculous. I offered him 5 and he wouldn't take it. Still, I guess it's a good thing. I like my EG coupe better. More room.

Room is overrated :)

I miss my mutli-colored axle fux0red "crash-theory-yellow" CRX. It would have been fun if I actually worked on it, but I bought it for 500 bucks, sold it for 1k--can't bitch a whole lot.

Back