New pics of the now-lowered CRX...and the turbo stuff

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
DSCN0377.jpg

DSCN0378.jpg

DSCN0379.jpg

DSCN0381.jpg

DSCN0382.jpg

:ph34r:

Everything from a 2g Eclipse....T25 turbo, Greddy blowoff valve, SMIC, charge pipe, hoses, and the DSM manifold. I'm going to use the SMIC and the hoses, and get a HF manifold and an adapter plate. For fuel, I'll either use an FMU or go back and get the injectors from the Eclipse and chip my OBD0 ecu.

Total price for all the turbo stuff: $0.00

:mrgreen:

You on coil overs??

If so, you need to crank that ass end up about 1/2 inch. :thumbsup:

Looking good so far!

hmmm i have a hf manifold with a t25 plate, just needs the hf gasket...and a greddy turbo timer :mrgreen:

i cant get over how clean thta car is, very nice paint. Dont burn this one, this one is a keeper.

make the turbo stick out the hood like that one shitsack from florida

Quoted post[/post]]
You on coil overs??

If so, you need to crank that ass end up about 1/2 inch. :thumbsup:

Looking good so far!
I don't have any perches at all on the back, just the coilover springs. When we put them on, we measured ground-to-fender, and all 4 sides were even (with me sitting in the car)...I think I'm just gonna lower the front a bit more.

Quoted post[/post]]
Dammit, I gotta get coilovers on mine. Which ones did you get, wil?
They're Tom Motorsport off Ebay...$42 shipped, they're blue with chrome GC-style allen-bolt tightened perches. 450lb springs on front and 350lb springs on back...I was surprised the el cheapo springs had the spring rates on them, or even had different (specific) spring rates at all...the last 2 sets I've had haven't. :shrug2:

Quoted post[/post]]
hmmm i have a hf manifold with a t25 plate, just needs the hf gasket...and a greddy turbo timer :mrgreen:
Sell it to me.

Quoted post[/post]]
Aren't the 2g eclipse turbo's 16g's?
Nope. T25's. Some of them had 14b's, I believe...but this one's a T25.

Quoted post[/post]]
nope, t25's.

and for the love of god, don't run an fmu. go download turbo edit.
I've got turboedit...I'll probably end up just getting the injectors from the eclipse and running turboedit or BRE (a lot easier to use than TE)...

Anyone know for sure if 2g DSM blacktop injectors are 450cc?

Quoted post[/post]]
:no:

I've got turboedit...I'll probably end up just getting the injectors from the eclipse and running turboedit or BRE (a lot easier to use than TE)...

will when you get the shit to burn chips LMK so you can burn me a base map dawg...pls....

FORMBY

Sweet. Dont change the exterior...i would KILL for a CRX like that. Good luck with your turbo setup.

blacktop injectors came from the autos if memory serves... if they are, they are NOT 450cc.

what you want, the mani w/adaptor plate, timer, boost gauge...

Quoted post[/post]]

will when you get the shit to burn chips LMK so you can burn me a base map dawg...pls....

FORMBY
I don't have a burner anymore...I sold it to Mike.

Quoted post[/post]]
wil, use 1g turbo injectors.
Why? The 2g 5spd eclipse that all this stuff came from is sitting in a friend of mine's garage, at my disposal.

Quoted post[/post]]
I <3 JDM foglights on CRX's.
I <3 the Auto Zone foglights on my CRX.

Quoted post[/post]]
blacktop injectors came from the autos if memory serves... if they are, they are NOT 450cc.

what you want, the mani w/adaptor plate, timer, boost gauge...
The injectors on the 5spd 2g sitting in Brandon's garage are blacktops.

I want the mani w/ adaptor plate...I doubt I'll be running a timer, I might even go without a boost gauge. The name of the game is 'budget turbo setup'...

Quoted post[/post]]
Wil!!! i need the blowoff valve now!! sell it to me.......
I need it, too...but I could bear to part with it for $200.

for that setup an FMU would be just fine. everyone makes them out to be worthless and all but when you're dealing with that low of HP, getting tuned and all that is almost more trouble then its worth. my 02 cents

Total price for all the turbo stuff: $0.00
:mrgreen:

Wow, looks much better in the daylight.

Total price: $0.00 plus borrowing Mike's tools. Must be nice having an instant tool rental on demand for free. Hee hee :mrgreen:

i cant get over how clean thta car is, very nice paint. Dont burn this one, this one is a keeper.

Is it a true T25 flange or the DSM T25 flange? They're different.

I do have to say though... this one's a keeper, but the hatch was cleaner.

I don't have any perches at all on the back, just the coilover springs. When we put them on, we measured ground-to-fender, and all 4 sides were even (with me sitting in the car)...I think I'm just gonna lower the front a bit more.

I think we measured something like 22 5/8 inches from the ground to the fender in the front, and 22 3/4 in the rear.

Aren't the 2g eclipse turbo's 16g's?
Nope. T25's. Some of them had 14b's, I believe...but this one's a T25.

1G = 14b
2G = T25

Anyone know for sure if 2g DSM blacktop injectors are 450cc?

You won't need 450cc... and smaller but "big enough" = more resolution, so = finer tuning.

:no:
:puke:

First time it's ever screwed up on me... all the syntax is right too. Still working on it.

FORMBY

I've got all his burner stuff now. :)

I don't have a burner anymore...I sold it to Mike.

:thumbsup:

I'll get it all hooked up and start burning maps for people in a bit.

Why? The 2g 5spd eclipse that all this stuff came from is sitting in a friend of mine's garage, at my disposal.

:thumbsup: Good enough.

I <3 JDM foglights on CRX's.
I <3 the Auto Zone foglights on my CRX.

:laugh:

ph34r the butane soldering iron!

Wil!!! i need the blowoff valve now!! sell it to me.......
I need it, too...but I could bear to part with it for $200.

Buy it!

for that setup an FMU would be just fine. everyone makes them out to be worthless and all but when you're dealing with that low of HP, getting tuned and all that is almost more trouble then its worth. my 02 cents

Nah, why go FMU when a chip is cheaper, and you already have all the equipment and knowledge to tune it? The hardware has already been paid for.

Ha. I exceeded the multiquote limit. Splitting it up into 2 posts made it work.

Mike > multiquote

That was weird as hell. Now the board is adding my fast replies into the previous post? WTF?

Back