New RSX

• Thread starter rmerrell
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 3K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i like the looks of the celica much better than the rsx. the celica gts has much more agressive styling and looks alot shorter. The lancer would be alot cooler if it was not the piss edition. In europe the Lanser has a turbo and has like 270 hp. For the price of the RSX, even more so with the new OEM RICE v. 1.2, you could spend the extra few $k and buy a WRX with much better performance, handleing and potentail

the lancer in europe is pretty much the same POS we get ... its the lancer evolution that is the turbocharged badass... only problem is its a 4 door :puke:

honda is probably bringing the new civic type r over to the states in a year from now...

it might be called the SiR but it will have 200hp and an upgraded suspension compared to the civic si. and it will be in hatchback form.

wonder if the motors in these cars the new I-Vtec will be more capable of beating the older hondas and older motors.. more electronics that real power ... needa find out..

2.0 i-vtec can it fit in the prelude, accord, and older civic bays..
if so then why haven't we seen it yet or have we..

time to search.. :D :worthy:

in regards to the celica, yea, i agree it does look sweeter than the rsx, a lady i work with has a 2000 gt-s. the problem is, ive read that it is very difficult to do any mods to it because of the way toyota has designed the intake and exhaust systems. there are probably other reasons its un-modifiable, because as i looked under her hood, all i saw were two or three LARGE black plastic covers and a battery. there was not even part of a spark plug wire showing. its like they are trying to prevent anyone from modding it, or doing a tune up.

in regards to the type s, i think 4gs is excsssive for that package (wheels, suspension upgrades and lower body skirts).

Originally posted by rmerrell@Oct 3 2002, 11:41 PM
wonder if the motors in these cars the new I-Vtec will be more capable of beating the older hondas and older motors.. more electronics that real power ... needa find out..

2.0 i-vtec can it fit in the prelude, accord, and older civic bays..
if so then why haven't we seen it yet or have we..

time to search.. :D :worthy:

a good place to look for horspower and vehicle weights on new cars is www.edmunds.com they even have a 'future vehicles' section where you can check the specs on stuff that hasnt come out yet like the CTR maybe
:)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Oct 3 2002, 10:14 PM
the lancer in europe is pretty much the same POS we get ... its the lancer evolution that is the turbocharged badass... only problem is its a 4 door :puke:

evo's will be here in the spring. i cant wait@#* i get to drive them around. ehe.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Oct 3 2002, 08:14 PM

same with the WRX. Its offered in a 4dr or a wagon! But the EVO is alot sweeter i think. It has 276hp, handles better and better 1/4 mile time!

the big plastic pieces come off i seen an article on the rsx where the put an intake on and some new plugs an wires u have to take the plastic piece off to do so... in order for the intake tube to be ran..

everyone is going to be critical of the new k-series motors, however honda knows what they're doing and once people start to work on them, they'll be just as efficient as the b-series with more torque. imagine, 180ft lbs of torque with a new crvtec.

soon you'll see civic si's with setups similar to this...lowered, with nicer wheels, despite they're heaviness they'll be quick.

same with the WRX. Its offered in a 4dr or a wagon! But the EVO is alot sweeter i think. It has 276hp, handles better and better 1/4 mile time![/quote]

we are probablly getting the WRX STi for 2003, but they wont give us the prodrive :ghey:

I-Vtec is horrible. If you put ex and in on it its fast, but thats pretty much all you can do to it. My buddy had one, first one in az, and we did the basic mods on it, had to wail 8 months for the intake. you cant port and polish an i-vtec head, it screws up the flow. Ide just build a gsr

Back