new table set for the condo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
finally got a dining room table. eating standing up in the ktichen or on the couch has sucked.

so i got a table and chair set from bob's for 500 bucks.

Butterfly.jpg

I thought bob's was supposed to be cheap. i really only wanted to spend 100 bucks or so, but i figure, with all the extra chairs and the bench it comes with, its probably worth the price.

http://www.mybobs.com/catalog/set_view.asp...478&room=dining

sould be delivered tomorrow between 9 and noon. I told the drive to call me when he gets there so i can drive up to meet him, as work is only 5 min from my place.

If your looking to set up your housing furnature for the cheap....go to the place that Travis goes to, where he gets all his stuff....tell them to not deliver that set...and get your money back.

Thursday night up in Windsor Locks, theres an auction house that has good stuff...and I mean good stuff. same set you just posted would prolly have a water stain from a glass and sell for $50...plus almost everything else you could want to set up a house.

Only catch is...you have to go up with travis...and get him to let you use his auction number, then pay him a small fee...and if he has room in his truck...he can take it streight to your condo. And I've seen them just give shit away if nobody bids on it. Couches, sofa, beds, pianos, all you have to do is just take it home sometimes. They might also just let you get your own number...and you have like 2 days to get the items moved out of the shop.

Look up Golden Gavel...and it is worth it...I'd go more offten...but my work schedual fucks with the time they sell the shit. Just go once...just to watch....and if you don't see anything...then re-buy that dining room set....it cant hurt to save money.

auction houses, one of the best untapped resources for home shit. My parents go to auction houses in vt and ma, they find some pretty cool shit sometimes, and for cheap too. Its basically hit or miss....obviously. Why do you need 6 chairs and a bench b??

Quoted post[/post]]
.tell them to not deliver that set...and get your money back.

too late. its probably already on the truck.... it will be here at 915am tomorrow morning. you should have told me this before i moved. lol

Quoted post[/post]]
Why do you need 6 chairs and a bench b??

:shrug2: that's what it came with.

options were-

2 benches, 4 chairs
1 bench, 6 chairs
0 bench, 8 chairs.

its a box deal... same price. i took the 1 bench and the chairs.

i only wanted a 4-person table, but this one is bad ass. as shown, it has the leaf open. when it closes, it goes in from a square to a rectangle.. it changes the width instead of the length, which is perfect for the corner i'm putting it in :)

well...before you buy anything else....go to the Golden Gavel. The wife is wanting a a better coffe table and some more chairs...so we might head up there this week...if I can arrange my sleep for that day.

congrats on the ... flat surface.

Personally I prefer beat-on shit, as long as it's not glasstop. I only say this because it's only a matter of weeks before I have a disassembled motor sitting on it.

lol- this is going in my kitchen, not my garage :p and i have no parts to play with anyway... hell, i don't even have a car at my house

Oh, yeah.. kitchen. Engines. Yup !

It's been more than once that my girlfriend has opened the oven and found a cylinder head curing at 350°.

I need to get my old 5.0 from the shop and bring it hope for cleaning and machining... I wanna have that stroker with aluminum heads and 11:1 compression in Smokey by next fall.

Do i see that REALLY happening? HELL NO. But it's fun to dream and a block on an engine stand always is a good motivator. :)

And that has to do WHAT with this thread? :blink:

And B... You get it Assembled? Or do you need Bob Vila's help again? LOL! Righty Tighty Lefty Loosey!

setup was cake. i did 90% of it myself, then E showed up... and he did 2 legs on the table and helped me unpack the straps and crap (like paper boy plastic bundle straps)

but the bench, 6 chairs, lazy bob, and 1/2 of the table were all done by me :)

I spent about the same amount on mine...I probably ate at the table once, lol I always eat at the couch..

if you need a coffee table i would advise getting one of the deals with the rising top

they are great for eating at the couch etc...

but the table looks nice
i honestly think you're pretty lucky to have E around to help you out...
good friends are always good to keep around :thumbsup:

yup. E, WildBill, and Steve (bob vila) have been over just about every night (well, one, both or all at any given time :p ) and have been helping me out with stuff. There's somethings you just can't do by yourself. Big things, moving stuff, etc...

as for the coffe table, they are now called ocasionals :p

and i cheaped out and went to walmart... got a coffee table and 2 end tables for like 25 bucks. lol it will do for now. i don't need name brand furniture...

PICT0020.jpg

also, i replaced that tan couch with a leather one i picked up from steve for a good price :p

next up, is getting a balck slipcover for the green striped one that doesn't suck. i can't find shit at walmart or ocean state job lot... i dunno where else to look

eventually, i'm going to replace that couch with two black leather recliners to match the sofa.... but i'm poor. so that will have to wait. so the slip cover will work to match the room for the time being.

haha, i have a cooler as a coffee table, but when i get my house i suppose i'll have to get real furniture...

but the futon is so functional
lol

if you want something nice for relaxing and video games look into one of those rockers that you basically sit on the floor
i've had one since i was real little and i sit in it all the time playing PS2, walmart has one with built in speakers too, but thats kinda geigh

did you try linens and things for the slip cover?
or perhaps even pier1? but i don't think they have that kinda stuff

you could alway s check walmart.com they usualyl have the stuff you can;t find in stores

or go to walmart and get some black fabric and a staple gun and reupholster it yourself
very easy to learn...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_lis...A12785%3A163983

walmart has em all
lol

this is the only black one
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...A12785%3A163983
rinsed denim

but they have other colors that might go better with the room

We have slip covers on all our couches due to cats+leather=boo boo. We got them at Macy's home store. I'd wait for a sale, and they're not too bad. About 50 bucks or so each and they look great.

Back