New to Honda need all help I can get

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Digbick14

Buying a 91 civic DX with a dpfi 4spd swapped from the shop I started working for. 1.5. How am I ever gonna get anything out of this tiny motor without a huge turbo?

without a huge turbo???

:hmm:

perhaps a shit load of nitrous

or just throw that engine/trans away and put a swap in there
a 1st gen B16A in that car would make a world of difference and is a very easy and inexpensive swap

outside of that you would need a dump truck full of money for excessive amounts of engine work, and in the end you would be unlikely to get to the level of a factory B swap

look up Monotech online, they sell a very good dpfi to mpfi harness adaptor then you just need the mpfi ecu to swap, first step would be converting to mpfi , then after that would be looking into swaps, completely wasting money trying to get power out of a dpfi d15 , a d16a6 or dohc zc swap would be a very nice performance gain and its a direct fit

Sorry been busy. I converted the dpfi to mpfi, the car it went into is a 90 civic ex, so the only major change in have to make from my mentors opinion is change the distributor, ECU is for manual trans, wiring harness goes with mpfi, does that sound correct ? Only need a ex/si distributor to put in the motor, as it plugs right in. And a fuel line no big deal. We took out of this car a d16b vtec that was powerful. Not sure don't remember to he specifics but it now is in a shop drag car and just dropping in and racing it was high 14 15 with an ECU for auto but running as manual. No adjustments just dropped in and raced. Exhaust is straight out the hood. Civic coupe. But ok question is about needing a distributor only for the d15b that has been changed to mpfi intake manifold.

download.jpeg

Back