new to the turbo game!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ok guys i got a great deal on a turbo set up i can't pass it up 200 bucks everything but the manifold it is from a 93 gsx eclipse the kid did an upgrade and he had the stuff just sitting in his room. the turbo has 15k on it because it was rebuilt now my question to everyone is what do i need to make this work my block is freshly rebuilt new rings pistons and rods and new bearing the engine is a b16 stock compression not looking to run massive boost anywhere from 6 to 8 psi of boost until i can build a gsr block the turbo is the t25. so besides a manifold and tap the oil lines what else do i need? turbo timer? boost gauge? i have a 255 fuel pump already got some 310 injectors the set up is coming with the turbo piping intercooler downpipe bov and internal wastegate. looking for any advise and any help (i know i sound like a noob got to learn somehow)
thanks guys

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Jul 22 2005, 02:04 AM
ok guys i got a great deal on a turbo set up i can't pass it up 200 bucks everything but the manifold it is from a 93 gsx eclipse the kid did an upgrade and he had the stuff just sitting in his room. the turbo has 15k on it because it was rebuilt now my question to everyone is what do i need to make this work my block is freshly rebuilt new rings pistons and rods and new bearing the engine is a b16 stock compression not looking to run massive boost anywhere from 6 to 8 psi of boost until i can build a gsr block the turbo is the t25. so besides a manifold and tap the oil lines what else do i need? turbo timer? boost gauge? i have a 255 fuel pump already got some 310 injectors the set up is coming with the turbo piping intercooler downpipe bov and internal wastegate. looking for any advise and any help (i know i sound like a noob got to learn somehow)
thanks guys
[post=529738]Quoted post[/post]​

ok..i can tell you what you need to run..simply because my car is in my driveway on jackstands right now with 85% of my setup done. heres what i got :

Turbo
Manifold
Wastegate
Downpipe
Intercooler
Intercooler piping
Blow off valve
Oil lines
Oil fittings
Thread sealant
Vaccuum lines
Plastic/brass T's
Boost Gauge
Air/fuel or Wideband (get a wideband o2 sensor)
clamps
Couplers
Missing Link ( you dont need this,but i got it so i wont throw a MAP CEL)
STR fuel rail
mitsubishi eclipse 450cc injectors
walbro 255 fuel pump
Chipped or Tuned ECU

I think i about covered my whole setup....MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EXTRA MONEY for supplies..cus i found out the hard way..which is why my setup aint done yet..and i started monday...i had to wait for shit to come in,and order shit..always be prepared...i mean my setup should be done either tommorow,or monday...but it should have been done friday,realistically..

my car is a 94 Integra RS...LS turbo basically...with a Garrett T3/T4 50 trim

if anyone can add input to this,and not some "i didnt run that...i ran..." type of input...then help this guy out..cus i dont want his shit to blow up,and i dont want him to be delayed like i am right now...

by the way...310cc injectors are too small..those are the size an all motor car would run...get some 450's..its better to run rich,than lean out.

make sure you have lots of tools...cus some bolts,and things you have to remove,and get to..are hard...even on bigger cars,like a DC2...

dam good info man real good info basically all i need left is a manifold i have a a/f gauge, turbo, piping, intercooler (side mount), bov (dsm). now what i was wondering is should i stick with the internal wastegate that is on it or should i take it off and get an after market one (trail i think it is called) and i have the oil lines i got the one that goes where the filter goes it like a ring that goes around the filter and it sends it to the turbo all i got to do is tap my oil pan but i think i got everything down packed got to get me some bigger injectors. but do you think that 440s or 450s is over kill for a 14b turbo? basically the same size as a t25?

t25 on a b16 is way too small man, youll spool quick but it will only hold boost to like 7200 rpm's if i remember right. 8 psi you MIGHT get 200 whp on that small a turbo.

www.stealthmodeperformance.com --- for oil line kit.

310 injectors are too small also, you could get dsm 450's if you wanna mess with resistor box.

www.bmcrace.com
www.lovefab.com --- for manifolds

imo id sell the t25 on ebay and buy a bigger turbo, cant real pass up 200 bucks for all that shit though ;)

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Jul 24 2005, 01:05 AM
dam good info man real good info basically all i need left is a manifold i have a a/f gauge, turbo, piping, intercooler (side mount), bov (dsm). now what i was wondering is should i stick with the internal wastegate that is on it or should i take it off and get an after market one (trail i think it is called) and i have the oil lines i got the one that goes where the filter goes it like a ring that goes around the filter and it sends it to the turbo all i got to do is tap my oil pan but i think i got everything down packed got to get me some bigger injectors. but do you think that 440s or 450s is over kill for a 14b turbo? basically the same size as a t25?
[post=530336]Quoted post[/post]​

i think you're talkin about a TiaL external wastegate...if you can upgrade to that..get it..but if you're really lookin to just get it running smooth,and then upgrade,which is what im doing..then just hold off..i mean my setup is pretty legit...drag manifold..tial 38mm waste gate...Garrett turbo...not too many cheap parts here..i went to a hardware company that specializes in Stainless steel/brass fittings,90 degree elbows,pipe and flare fittings...to run my oil lines..and it made everything so simple and "Screw in".

But 450 is not overkill on a 14b..because thats what injectors came with that particular turbo.

anymore Q's?

Back