new to this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LMAO me do it myself you have a better chance that pigs fly i couldnt change the oil let alone a whole engine i told you its my first car i had no interests before but you have been a great help thanks ill try the b16 and ill get a cold air intake and new exhaust i hope i can afford the labor

Good luck with that Pep boys told me over $3,000 in labor. I'm about to swap my first one myself. Just start unbolting shit. LOL.

disconnect negative batt. cable
bleed fuel system
drain fluids
take off front wheels
unhook all hoses/wiring
undo shift linkage
clutch slave cylinder
undo throttle line from the pedal
take off air intake/air cleaner
take axles off
undo mounts

few more things but it doesn't really sound THAT hard

there's actually an engine removal procedure posted on this site in the tech section, installation is the reverse

a "tuner" shop should be able to get the job done for less than a grand easy. A b16 is a direct bolt in into a crx. Plus, theres only a couple wires that need to be ran, depending on which crx model you have. People do this in less than a day.

$3000? thats crazy I hope you didn't go through them.

why spend 3000 to have some one do it... Honda's are super eassy. My first one i just did like some one above posted "start unbolting shit"

Nothing to it if you can use a wrench, and have 25- 30 % common sence.

I do them now with out even thinking, just start undoing shit, however my last motor i pulled, i forgot to drain the fuckin trany before pullin the axiles and maid a bit of amess :mad:

as far as upgrades.. first i'd work on the suspension, brakes, and wheels/tires.. after you're done with that, see how much you got left and modify the motor or swap it out for a b-series.. in most cases the car that handles better is faster.. around turns that is

you guys are the shit thanks alot ill go with a b16a swap then get new intake and exhaust i could just be cheap and try a frankenstein they can be very powerful and cheap any engine combo ideas the b16a 1s only 1,450 i should have money left over but if i go with a frank i can get power for cheap but no idea how to get the right parts anyone know about frankenstein engines i can use all mini me parts and it should be cheaper than a whole new bseries right

HAHA you guys are crazy if you think I actually went through with Pepboys for a $3,000 swap I said I'm about to swap it myself.

A minime would be a lot cheaper cuz all you need is a vtec head to go on your nonvtec block.

Also it depends what kind of frank you want, D-series would be real cheap. B-series ls/vtec would be a little more.

you can go with the ls minime, but with 6 grand you can get some serious power, not just the na bull shit.

If i were you here is what i woud do.

Get a obd1 ls engine that is leak down tested with good compression. (1500)
Start searching for turbo parts on the fourms, and start reading on how to build sucessfull turbo kits..(buying one is over priced)
Get a used Bseries turbo manifold. (250)
Pick up a used garret t3/t4 57 trim (200-400)
Blow off valve ebay stuff works fine (25-200)
Waste gate ebay stuff fine (60-300)
Get an ebay intercooler cause the work fine for street cars (120)
get An oil feed and drain set, Stealthmode.com sells good shit cheap (95 -115)dependin on what all ya get
Tap your oil pan with provided barbed fittin useing some JB weld (4)
Buy a charge pipe kit for your car, or if you can weld, just buy som 2.5 bends, and start fabing that shit. (200 max)
Get some couplers (50 max)
Set of larger injectors, dsm 440s, precision 525 (60 -250)
Walbro 225 fuel pump (110)
exhaust with turbo down pipe (500) can be more or less.
obd1 chiped ecu cause i think the obd1 tuning options are better (150)
Obd0 to obd1 conversion harness (100)
A good street tune from a local guy (300) max

This all totals up to about 4000. All the parts i listed are priced way over what i payed and you could easily save some big money by searching carefully.

The other 2000$$, well set aside 500 or so for mounts and special shift linkage. Hasport makes good stuff

set aside another 500 for mis shit that will be needed during the swap, may end up being nothin may be ya will break a few things.

now ya have a 300 hp set up in a super light car. with 1000 to spend on other things you will want down the line, cause once you start you will want to do more.. atleast thats how it is for me.

Disclaimer fo all ya bout to go off. ;)
There is more to a turbo kit, you will need to read a little bit and understand the principals of it, and learn a little bit about the whole process. But its not that complicated, and pm me if ya want to learn some more.

Back