Newb with emissions (Illinois)...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NARKOSIS

Im thinking of moving back home to Naperville, IL in/around Feb. I've never been in a state with emissions. Is my car royally screwed? Its a 97 jdm b16 in a 96 dx hatchy, stock besides the i/h/e and it has a hi-flow cat. If so, how long do I have until I have to get it tested after I move there? Any specifics would be great, I wanna get all my ducks in a row before making the jump

as long as it is registered in another state, you go by that state's regs until the registration is moved.

you shouldnt be too bad with a b16, especially if you are actually using a p30. if its tuned, you might have an issue, but ill say that my tuned prelude (p28) doesnt fail emissions, it just fails visual (no exhaust).

actually its a P2T since its OBD2. I read that any jdm motor will fail US emissions, is this BS? :confused: And obviously untuned since its OBD2.

Last edited by a moderator:
straight bs bro. you should be okay.

if you dont live in cali, you shouldnt have a problem with emissions on a jdm engine.

sweet, thanx for the info. Wasnt even considering this until a week ago, then I was thinking, "oh shit, my lil hatchy!" lol Now theres really nothing holding me back from taking the jump up there.

Back