1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Motor Idea?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by the_hulkamaniac, May 31, 2003.

1. the_hulkamaniac

the_hulkamaniac Junior Member

I have decided against the prelude b20a. people made that choice fairly easy.

There are going to be two RSX's going through a write off auction, an 02 and an 03. Along with a few various civics, engine and tranny's unknown?

Is the rsx motor a good swap/can it be done? If not I think I will just get a B16 swap, or with luck a B16 one of the other civics.

Last cable or hydraulic for the trans? Can I use either or is one better.

Thanks

2. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

dont you need to do some cutting / welding to put at k20 in??

also the engine is like reversed the intake and exaust manifolds are on opposite sides from B's and D's so i think it would be difficult.

3. preluderjs

preluderjs Senior Member

It isnt worth trying to put any K-series motor into a crx. Plus the costs of those engines are way too much right now. You'll save money if you get a B16 but if you can afford it try to get a B18c. Stay OBDI and I think the the cable tranny will be easier to put in your car.

4. the_hulkamaniac

Thanks as always. Then I will go ahead and with the B16 or B18 swap, if nothing good comes through the auction the I will just end up buying a swap kit.
    Know any good places in Canada, for a motor.

5. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

where in canada do u live, im on the westcoast and if u live over here i know some good places, and some bad ones.

6. the_hulkamaniac

I'm in Alberta, near Fort Mac. I would get one shipped, if a good motor was found. Good price!

I know this is off topic, is there an extreme dimensions dealer in bc? I am looking at there body kits.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted