1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nippon Pistons?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by HatchSpeeD, May 13, 2006.

1. HatchSpeeD

HatchSpeeD ...Hi...

Need opinions experience on nippon racing ITR pistons. Blanco I think your using them for your build? Any thoughts, experiences? I need to go OS (.20 or .50) & looking into nippon.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

No experiences, but haven't heard anything bad about them. You can buy a set of JDM CTR pistons from Hmotors for under $200 shipped.

3. HatchSpeeD

HatchSpeeD ...Hi...

Yea, I was trying to confirm their claims about superiority to oem.

and so on...
    Was considering them because their supposedly cheaper & better quality but haven't really heard anything about them around the boards. So far, can't find ITR pistons OS for a good deal, only CTR's. My engine builder seems to think CTR's will be a bit much because he plans on milling the head quite a bit to take away some of the open quench pad area. (B16 head C1 block)
    Somewhere down the road if I decide to go turbo & swap out the pistons will milling the head a lot present a problem aside from the fact I might have to find some super low compression pistons.

4. HatchSpeeD

HatchSpeeD ...Hi...

Hmm, just noticed a difference of the desciption between the ITR & CTR skirts. The CTR was above ^

The ITR says:
    Both in the pictures have the black coating on the skirts. Hmm..any difference there?

5. hondaprofessor

hondaprofessor New Member

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Considering that no one has touched this thread in three years, I doubt that the OP cares anymore...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted