No CEL with or without knock sensor.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

7000 rpms isn't "limping" there is an issue somewhere else, in limp mode it shouldn't rev high enough to engage vtec. Are you sure it is even a JDM ECU, and if so are you sure that one looks for a knock, my P30 doesn't, it is european.

Yes, I'm positive it is the JDM P72 ECU for OBD1. It does look for ks.

the knock sensor is not your issue, something esle is and the fact that you're getting no cel, is gonna make it hard to find out what. i suggest try a known good obd1 p72, usdm or jdm, see if that makes a difference. if you know anyone with an obd1 gsr, just ask to plug they're ecu in real quick.

i had same prob after my swap. what fixed the 7k red line was rewiring. you must have fucked up somewhere. there was a thread bout this same thing alil while ago. i have a cel and it for the ks and my vtec fully functional and redline is where it should be. so its not that. but like every one said swap ecus and see what happens

Did you use a z6 harness? If so, can you tell me the colors of your wiring for the iat and iab on the z6 harness... also if u switched a17 and a20? Thanks.

My buddy's mailing me the ecu to try out. I'll let you guys know how that goes... in the meantime, can anyone help me by compare the wiring if they have an obd b18c in their 92-95 civic using a z6 harness?

Back