NO HORN (MOMO INSTALL)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slopoke

Can anyone help ? I just installed a MOMO Corse on my 92 hatch. I had to remove all the SRS junk wich left me no power for my horn. is there a simple solution or am I stuck with a dead horn button.

you'll have to make a contact that hits the back of the hub and is connected to the horn power wire thats with the srs/cruise harness. i think its a white harness under your dash with 5 wires. i just touched each individual wire to a ground until i found the horn wire. i wouldnt recommend this if you have a pass side airbag.

i used a thin piece of brass to make the contact and saudered the horn wire to it. i screwed the contact into one of the holes that was previously used to hold that coil of wires into place.

you can just wire up a button elsewhere that can activate the horn .... bill had a button on the dash for his horn

:shrug2:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 12 2004, 04:56 PM
you can just wire up a button elsewhere that can activate the horn .... bill had a button on the dash for his horn

:shrug2:

I agree, just wire up a button somewhere else. My buddy had his wired up on his e-break handle because he always rested his hand there and wanted to be able to honk at retarted drivers at a seconds notice.

QUOTE (E_SolSi @ Jan 12 2004, 04:56 PM)

I agree, just wire up a button somewhere else. My buddy had his wired up on his e-break handle because he always rested his hand there and wanted to be able to honk at retarted drivers at a seconds notice.

but check the wire's and contacts first, then do the button horn. but remember to put it where you can use it at an instant.

I think I will go with using the horn button. Everything on the car is clean and all wires hidden. I dont need a bunch of buttons around when I have a perfectly good MOMO button. It wouldnt be that hard to use a brass riser at the bottom of the hub since the brass plate on the hub is not grounded to the rest of the hub. Thanks for all the help

RadioShack has the horn style buttons, I am currently finding one for myself on the 240 with my new steering wheel.

shouldn't cost more than 10 bucks for wires, tape, and button

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Jan 12 2004, 07:27 PM
you'll have to make a contact that hits the back of the hub and is connected to the horn power wire thats with the srs/cruise harness. i think its a white harness under your dash with 5 wires. i just touched each individual wire to a ground until i found the horn wire. i wouldnt recommend this if you have a pass side airbag.

i used a thin piece of brass to make the contact and saudered the horn wire to it. i screwed the contact into one of the holes that was previously used to hold that coil of wires into place.

WOrks great :worthy:

Why dont I just yell out the window with my finger raised high.

I used a piece of brass from a .99 flash light. A speaker terminal will fit one end. It has a hole in the middle which mounts to the the bottom left screw hole from the removed SRS unit. the other end is curved and when bent up makes great contact. The wire is then run down to the plug where the SRS is removed and placed into the last wire on the right. WORKS GREAT

Back