No need to wire knock sensor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i read somewhere that if u ground it out vtec should work but i grounded it to where u bolt up the ecu and i still have no vtec.

Quoted post[/post]]
I swear...i drove it around the block and came back...it was at 0...random ass shit.

When my ks was broken (on my b16) i could drive for about 15mins before the cel showed up. A flip of the key and the cel went away . . . then it came back 15mins later :cry:.

Performance was noticably impaired however.

Quoted post[/post]]
its a 94 hatch w/ sir2 .. usdm p30 ecu....there is a wire in the d3 pin for the knock sensor, im just going to cut the wire up underneith the dash and run the wire from the KS plug to the wire under dash...sound about right?

Thats the same setup i used to have. I just ran the KS wire straight back to the ecu.

I notice all these people having problems with their knock sensors and thinking the idea is shitty. IMO, it is a great idea and works just like it should when 1)you have a good knock sensor 2)have it wired correctly. Let me ask a question to everyone that is having problems. Do you know the knock sensor wiring is supposed to be shielded? If you didn't know that then I am sure you won't know why and I think we may have solved a few of your problems. The knock sensor is very unique in it's design and function. I will explain if necessary. If all of you guys wiring is shielded, disregard my post.

knock sensor plroblems

I notice all these people having problems with their knock sensors and thinking the idea is shitty. IMO, it is a great idea and works just like it should when 1)you have a good knock sensor 2)have it wired correctly. Let me ask a question to everyone that is having problems. Do you know the knock sensor wiring is supposed to be shielded? If you didn't know that then I am sure you won't know why and I think we may have solved a few of your problems. The knock sensor is very unique in it's design and function. I will explain if necessary. If all of you guys wiring is shielded, disregard my post.

MY CAR SAT FOR 8 MONTHS NOW IM HAVING KNOCK SENSOR CODE 23, AND IT FALLS ON ITS FACE ANY IDEA WHY? I CHANGED ALL SPARK AND PUT NEW GAS IN THE TANK WITH SOME SEAFOAM BUT ITS CRAP. ITS IDLING VERY WELL BUT AS SOON AS YOU GIVE IT GAS IT STUMBLES ON ITS FACE. AND WITHIN 2 MIN OF DRIVING CODE 23 POPS..........I DONT WANT TO REPLACE THE SENSOR UNLESS I KNOW ITS IT FOR SURE ITS LIKE $200 BUCKS HERE. ANY HELP WOULD BE WONDERFUL......

LAYINSPARXX@AOL.COM

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

i have a 91 civic si(d16a6 obd0)and my car sounds to have the same problems as yours do..does my car have a knock sensor??

MY CAR SAT FOR 8 MONTHS NOW IM HAVING KNOCK SENSOR CODE 23, AND IT FALLS ON ITS FACE ANY IDEA WHY? I CHANGED ALL SPARK AND PUT NEW GAS IN THE TANK WITH SOME SEAFOAM BUT ITS CRAP. ITS IDLING VERY WELL BUT AS SOON AS YOU GIVE IT GAS IT STUMBLES ON ITS FACE. AND WITHIN 2 MIN OF DRIVING CODE 23 POPS..........I DONT WANT TO REPLACE THE SENSOR UNLESS I KNOW ITS IT FOR SURE ITS LIKE $200 BUCKS HERE. ANY HELP WOULD BE WONDERFUL......

LAYINSPARXX@AOL.COM

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

This thread is almost 2 years old. Next time just start a new one instead of bringing a dead one back.

Back