No spark, new dist.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
I bought a new dizzy from TorontoJDM, so far im not getting any spark from it? Ive tried 2 brand new ones, anyone have an idea?

Ive tried 2 ECU's, there is power to it. Timing belt i never thought of, ill check that.

Also i take it every sensor has to be wired right or it wont spark? Not even one out of place right? I only say this because we had trouble finding a car harness and had to wire the dizzy directly, until we find a harness. Unfortunately the new dizzy wire colours dont match, like usual. I applied the ECU-out dizzy plug to the from-dizzy plug, matched the wires from the a diagram.

Also i lead back all the wires to the ECU, the wire colour matches what it is supposed to be and they are in the right ECU pin.

Last edited:
Ok rotor does spin. I noticed i dont have a fat white wire for the ICM, instead i have a stand alone grey one?

Last edited:
hey double check your ground on your thermostat make sure ist not corroded or loose, sound minute but that is the ground to the main relay and ur ecu i didnt get spark or anything because it was loose, hope all works out

Last edited:
Nope, no spark out of wires or with plugs attached, wires checkout ok, besides they are only a month or two old.

Ok turns out a sensor wire was in the wrong place, lots of spark. Now i have a new problem, fuel related. Dont you love how fixing one thing seems to either reveal or cause something else?

Anyhoo, my fuel pump is flakey, it isnt turning on with the ignition, no sound or prime up. However we checked the relay and it is clicking, we wired the pump straight up to the battery and it works, primes. Suggesting its a broken wire between the pump and relay?

But i have a gauge on my fuel line near the filter. It builds to normal pressure but drops way down once you start to crank. Enough so only to get a cough.

I figure its a dying pump or clogged filter?

If its the pump, are all honda pumps the same or is this integra or OBD0 specific?

Last edited:
Geez does no one like me or something? :(

Fuel pump seems good, anything that could be causing the fuel system to not work right, could a dizzy wire still be off, throwing the ECU off?

Back