no spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
my crx wont start......and this happened the moment i did these things

1. put on stupid bosch adj FPR

2. fuel spike at idle car died (90+psi)/ replaced oem fpr

3. battery died and i tried turning on the car with a charger i have (sparked up)

4. fuel pump not turning on after spike/battery mishap

5. removed fuel tank to inspect pump/pump is fine

6. cant get fuel feed line on top of tank on the right way/ i am impatient

7. no spark/???
:bash: :dark: :dark: :ick: :shrug2: :nutkick: :bangdesk: :bash: :imafucktard: :imafucktard:

so today i tried fixing some of these problems

i started by hooking up the pump directly to the battery in order to get fuel pressure....in order to start the car.....however i have no spark....so i removed the msd and reinstalled the oem cap and coil (which have never been used)....no spark.....then i used two different dizzies still no spark...

so i checked all fuses in the engine bay/cabin they are all fine..i also have current at the dizzy harness plugs.....then i used an ls ecu just to make shure the ecu was not fried.....still nothing

i know the only way to find the problem is to double check everything...but i have..

.if anyone thinks of some thing please post....i'm getting a little desperate....

..i will pay anyone $100+, to the person that comes to my house and fixes my fucking car and istall tank.......i dont even want to touch it anymore.....i think it hates me for leaving unattended for such a long time.....

please discuss..... :cry: :cry:

Well if the fuel pump isnt turning on then it could be the main relay. I dont know if that has anything to do with spark or not.

i used 3 different relays....since the rex has become a track only car, i decided to use a switch to turn on the pump...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Well if the fuel pump isnt turning on then it could be the main relay. I dont know if that has anything to do with spark or not.

main relay doesnt have anything to do with spark. that would be too easy.
well thats why i said i didnt know if it did or not. i just remember when my main relay was bad in my rex and i couldnt hear the fuel pump.

ive used 3 different distributers....and the original one is brand new from distributer king....but how can i make sure that the igniters on all the distributers are good.....do i use al voltmeter?

if u got power to the distributor and no spark then obvious problem would be inside the dizzy but u said u replaced with a known good one. did u remove anything like a harness ground or anything when installing fpr? u said u charged it up and it "sparked up"? what sparked up? i would recheck the main battery fuse in the under hood fuse box.

Quoted post[/post]]
if u got power to the distributor and no spark then obvious problem would be inside the dizzy but u said u replaced with a known good one. did u remove anything like a harness ground or anything when installing fpr? u said u charged it up and it "sparked up"? what sparked up? i would recheck the main battery fuse in the under hood fuse box.

cant be the main battery fuse if the car turns over to find out theres no spark. maybe recheck the ECU fuse under the hood?

get an omheter!! find out what is going on in the wiring!

thats all I hav been doing for 3 f'n weeks!

MAF reading ?

A celica in my shop (Which runs AFM, not MAF) had this issue, and the sensor turned out to be a problem.

Also, (I had this on an 87 CRX si) the relay at the foot panel went bad. The damned thing worked, I tested it and everything, replacing it made things go well). That relay both made the coil and fuel pump come alive.

BTW
when i turn the key on the on possition or during start up the ecu light doesnt blink...or turn on...could that be a problem????

Back