Noise from the front wheel question...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Check yer wheel bearings for sure,my driver side is gone and it dosen't make noise till i'm on the free way

There is no noise while driving only when braking and sometimes when I begin to accelerate, but I will check them.

One of my favorite methods of diagnosing... Bring it to a mechanic for an oil change and mention something is wrong with the suspension. They will figure it out and call to ask if they should replace it. Say no. Pick it up and do it yourself. Well worth the couple of extra dollars you pay for the oil change.

Jack the car up and rock the tire back and forth, grabbing it at the top and bottom not the sides. If it has excessive play its a wheel bearing. Rocking it as if you are turning isn't going to necessarily point you towards a bad wheel bearing, its more than likely going to determine tie rods being wore or your rack is bad. But since you said you have a skunk2 camber kit, take the A arm off and check the bushings. They are probably wore. I've learned that from experience. I have the same problem now. I also replaced the ball joint and it still did the samething. I'd check the bushings before possibly wasting $43 on a balljoint.

also check the damper fork bushing. I would get a banging noise in my 90sedan ,and found out that the sleave in the bushing is loose from the bushing and would bang when i hit bumps.

Back