non-high octane engines?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dude, the LS motor swap is a piece of cake. All you have to do is pull out the old motor, and drop the new one in. The only change you have to make is new motor mounts and shift linkage. There isn't even any wiring to do. Trust me you can do it. I had never done ANY car work before doing my swap and it runs awsome.

My b16 swap?
JDM b16a Hmotorsonline.com - $1500
Kaaz LSD Upgrade - $300
Shipping - $300
Hasport Mounts + linkage - $400
90-91 Teg Hubs - $100
Other shit (new rims to fit over new hubs, replacement parts) - $300

I dont think you can get a JDM b16a installed for $2800CD. I bet you can get the motor that cheap, but there is NO WAY that includes instalation, mounts, replacement parts etc.

*edit - Really good gas milage is like 35mpg on the highway and 27 in town (those are rough #'s, probably +-2-3mpg, I havnt driven my car in a LONG time, so I can't remember exactly)

Originally posted by ktanaka@Mar 8 2005, 05:36 PM
Dude, the LS motor swap is a piece of cake.  All you have to do is pull out the old motor, and drop the new one in.  The only change you have to make is new motor mounts and shift linkage.  There isn't even any wiring to do.  Trust me you can do it.  I had never done ANY car work before doing my swap and it runs awsome.

My b16 swap?
JDM b16a Hmotorsonline.com - $1500
Kaaz LSD Upgrade - $300
Shipping - $300
Hasport Mounts + linkage - $400
90-91 Teg Hubs - $100
Other shit (new rims to fit over new hubs, replacement parts) - $300

I dont think you can get a JDM b16a installed for $2800CD.  I bet you can get the motor that cheap, but there is NO WAY that includes instalation, mounts, replacement parts etc.

*edit - Really good gas milage is like 35mpg on the highway and 27 in town (those are rough #'s, probably +-2-3mpg, I havnt driven my car in a LONG time, so I can't remember exactly)
[post=470841]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually the guy that quoted me the price said i could the engine for $1600 CAN. you can check it online if you want @ jdmsource.ca and his own words the $2800 was for a turn-key package, basically i drop off the car and when i return it's all ready to go. Oh and i don't have to pay any shipping charges cuz the store is in Calgary which like a 2-3 hour drive.

edit - what's faster the b18b swap or the b16a swap? Not in terms of installation but like 1/4 mile times.

This is the email I recieved from them:

Hello,
We sell and install the b16a1. if you want a complete turn key package
where you drop the car off and we get everything and when you come pick
it up it will be ready to go for $2900CAD. Or if you just want the motor
alone it is $1650.

Thank you,
JDMSOURCE
www.jdmsource.ca

I checked just to make sure i wasn't mistaken.

HOLY SHIT!!!! Thats dirt cheap. Were there Canadian cars that came with 1st gen b16's? If you can get the swap that cheap, I say go for it. Thats a hell of a steal.

You may want to watch out tho...I doubt he's using hasport mounts if hes charging so little. I would also doubt the quality of the engine and the workmanship that goes into the swap if it were that cheap. I suppose since he is both the installer and the engine dealer it would be cheaper but still...thats rediculously cheap. Most places where I lived wanted $2000UDS just to install the engine. That dones't include the mounts, SL, parts, engine, anything. Just for the labor: $2000.

I'll email him later on today and get some of the details of the swap and get back to you.

I agree with ktanaka on the ease of install.I had never even changed my own oil and I put a b16 in my eg,also did shocks,springs,header,and auto to manual.It was mega easy.I do very seriously reccomend you buy a helms though,it was the difference.I didnt even have any tools or jackstands,just begged and borrowed.if you buy the helms you can handle this!!!!

Originally posted by ktanaka@Mar 9 2005, 11:53 AM
HOLY SHIT!!!! Thats dirt cheap. Were there Canadian cars that came with 1st gen b16's? If you can get the swap that cheap, I say go for it. Thats a hell of a steal.

You may want to watch out tho...I doubt he's using hasport mounts if hes charging so little. I would also doubt the quality of the engine and the workmanship that goes into the swap if it were that cheap. I suppose since he is both the installer and the engine dealer it would be cheaper but still...thats rediculously cheap. Most places where I lived wanted $2000UDS just to install the engine. That dones't include the mounts, SL, parts, engine, anything. Just for the labor: $2000.
[post=471167]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow... you're getting ripped a new one at the places you talk to. The going price in the major cities in Texas for labor is typically $600-800 for a swap, and there is actually a pretty good shop in Austin that will do a complete install of a B16 into a 4th gen Civic for like $2000-2200.

Originally posted by Calesta+Mar 9 2005, 05:28 PM-->
@Mar 9 2005, 11:53 AM
HOLY SHIT!!!!  Thats dirt cheap.  Were there Canadian cars that came with 1st gen b16's?  If you can get the swap that cheap, I say go for it.  Thats a hell of a steal.

You may want to watch out tho...I doubt he's using hasport mounts if hes charging so little.  I would also doubt the quality of the engine and the workmanship that goes into the swap if it were that cheap.  I suppose since he is both the installer and the engine dealer it would be cheaper but still...thats rediculously cheap.  Most places where I lived wanted $2000UDS just to install the engine.  That dones't include the mounts, SL, parts, engine, anything.  Just for the labor: $2000.
[post=471167]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow... you're getting ripped a new one at the places you talk to. The going price in the major cities in Texas for labor is typically $600-800 for a swap, and there is actually a pretty good shop in Austin that will do a complete install of a B16 into a 4th gen Civic for like $2000-2200.
[post=471362]Quoted post[/post]​

Cool, i suppose if you convert the canadian to US the price i was quoted was pretty much the same.

Back