non starter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BIGMAN

still cant seem to get my car started checked continuity along all the wires from the ecu to the distributor and fuel lines they all seem o.k, cant seem to figure it out anyone have any ideas

desribe what is wrong. Does it turn over but not kick in? Does it not turn over at all? I had the same problem if it turns over but doesnt start. Try all the things i lise and they may help...
1. Timing belt- turned out to be my problem
2. Injectors
3. fuel filter
$. Maybe you need new wires
5. maybe the main relay
6. It could be your ignition switch (where you put the key in)
7 (This is a shot in the dark)how about your engine ground.

Sorry if this doesnt help but one other thing...are you throwing any codes?

I was looking in the "My Car" manual, but now I see we're talking about your car, sorry.

Dude, you need to, when making a new thread, put some information in it.

Like what car is it?, did you swap a motor in it?, did you drive it into a lake?

if there was a lake nearby i would probably push it in,what a nightmare! lol.
sorry for the lack of info.
ive got 95 civic coupe and i put a 99 b18c JDM ITR motor in it. im using the p73 ecu that came with the motor.
the problem is when i turn the key and wind the motor over im not getting a spark(it sparked once and that was it)
ive checked all the wires from the ecu to the distributer and injectors, when the ignition is on i have a 12v power source at the distributer and fuel injectors.
i dont seem to be getting any codes up.

il check the things FearDaGreenCivic has listed and see if i have any luck

Sounds like you popped a fuse. If it sparked once (did you visually confirm this?) and then didn't, that could be it. Of course if it blows again, you've got a problem in the wiring somewhere else.

checked the fuses they are all o.k.
cant confirm it actually sparked i never saw it my buddy said it did but hes usually stoned so im not 100% sure on that.

Check igniotor and coil in dizzy. That is number 1 reason for no spark. Also check all grounds even if they look good sand the contacts down and remount good luck

just had an auto electrian round to have a look at my problem. he checked the distributer and its o.k but hes not getting a switching signal which is the reason theres no spark and that the fuel injectors arent clicking in. he did all the other test he could checking the ground wires etc.. and found no problems.
he thinks it could be a problem with ecu but isnt 100% sure.

anyone got any more ideas?

we did the test to see if any codes came up and the testlight just stayed on it didnt flash atall.
i also did the test with my old p06 ecu plugged in and got the same result

Back