Noobie here!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hello all! I was reffered here by Ripperbone.. thought I'd stop by and say hello. My name is Matt, I'm 21, from Colorado, and I own a turbo '99 Civic Si. Ran a 13.9@102 in Colorado on a stock B16 motor/head, fucked T3 turbo and slipping clutch, all-seasons too! :) Anyways.. here's a pic of my whip and a video of my 13.9 pass. New motor goes in this week (built LS/VTEC), and hoping for 11's this season! :)

civic.jpg

Fucked up hood thanks to my brother backing into it with a big truck and trailor hitch.. lol, whoops!
civic-nice.jpg

13.9@102 (right click, save as)

Welcome aboard. Your car looks damn clean. Any details on the build? Hope you stick around.

that's pretty sweet.... welcome to HS, and I admire your car...

the boyfriend has one, N/A for now. On his build of a bunch of parts... i'd go on for a while naming all of them... he ran a 14.0 at 99mph...

i don't know what the difference for the elevation is...

we're starting the turbo Si project too pretty soon... I feel like I'm part of the EM1 club now...

The difference in elevation is 5280 ft. which is about 1.5 seconds or so depending on your motor.

The new build includes JE 81mm 8.9:1 slugs, Peak Performance custom H-Beam rods, stock head, custom Full-Race style manifold (almost a replica!), T3/T4, 57 trim, .63 a/r, 550cc injectors, 3" turbo back, a bigger fmic, Hondata S300B, and the list goes on and on, but that's the most of it for now. I'm expecting 11's out of the setup on slicks.. but I may end up having to install an LSD to hit that time. Which that is in the list as well! A Quaife to be exact!

Thanks for the compliments by the way! :)

i know it's a gizzer motor... built by kenshi. that's pretty much all. the head is actually apart in the garage right now, as we're working on getting that all back together... putting in new cams, cam gears, valves, valve springs, retainers... head studs... injectors... all the goodies.

then there's my car... the 'other' ArtieTuned shop car...

hopefully we get the shop opened in 3 months... we just need to find that 'right' spot... probably next to danny tran here in stockton.

damn... that setup sounds pretty snazzy. i hope to one day run a 13. :) right now all i got is a g2 teg with a b16... might blow it up just to put in one of the 4 b18 blocks we have laying around.

By the way.. here's some eye candy for you all, enjoy! :)

Manifold with my old T3 on it:
sexysetup.jpg

It's naked and looking sexy!
07.jpg

OEM and Golden Eagle:
06.jpg

MmMMmM sexy!
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

That thing? Oh.. it's just a wood mulcher.. don't mind that. :wink:
turbo1.jpg

turbo2.jpg

I was just in denver last week, and let me tell you, my car felt SLOWWWW....thin air sucks for us NA twinkies. Turbos will be on all of my cars if I ever have to live out there. BTW, I LOVE the freeways out in CO, but HATE the surface streets with a passion. Went to D&Bs in denver, man, those streets are f'd up.

Nice looking Si. Welcome to the board, you look like you've got your head screwed on straight.

lol yea the streets in denver suck and the thin air also sucks, even worse for racing at bandimere. but we seem to do well up here.

and :thumbsup: to Matt for finally getting his ass to hondaswap. theres a bunch of good people on here and I know with your knowledge you'll give a lot of good info.

i cant wait to see your si run with the ls/vtec build. it is a pretty sick setup

why is it that everyone puts their turbo up next to a soda can and snaps a picture of it?

him:

av-43133.jpg

me back in the day:

DSC00174.JPG

lol welcome aboard dude.

.. because no one will lend people (Me, namely) their baby to size it's head against things like:

the depth of rims
The height of an airdam
the diameter of an exhaust tip
The caliber of a pistol
the gap in my house siding
the size of a wasp nest
the depth of a toilet
or the length of a sword.

I don't know why, but they won't.

Quoted post[/post]]
.. because no one will lend people (Me, namely) their baby to size it's head against things like:

the depth of rims
The height of an airdam
The caliber of a pistol
the size of a wasp nest
the depth of a toilet

Because they don't want you to cry when the baby beats you up.... :laugh:

And welcome to Hondaswap..... :wink:

Quoted post[/post]]

the depth of rims
The height of an airdam
The caliber of a pistol
the size of a wasp nest
the depth of a toilet

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funniest thing I've read in a long while! :mrgreen:

Thanks again, all! :)

Welcome aboard! :wave:

I'm from CO as well. We might have met at some point, the whip looks super familiar. I just got my snail put on my CRX last Thursday! :thumbsup: We'll have to go cruise sometime when I get some fuel management.

That looks like one of Pang's manifolds? It's nice either way.

And I just joined your board, so I will see you there and here I guess! :mrgreen:

Back