Not another Katrina Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Celerity+Sep 1 2005, 02:47 PM-->
Originally posted by Sabz5150+Sep 1 2005, 01:24 PM-->
@Aug 31 2005, 08:07 PM
Hugo Chavez has donated $1,000,000 to the relief efforts. And ... that's it, so yeah the rest of the world kiss our fuckin ass from here on in.
[post=548043]Quoted post[/post]​

The ONLY person (country) to donate money to us, and would you kindly inform us what your right wing reaction to this person is?

Celerity

And yes, we should absolutely assasinate that fuckin twit.

Not to mention other kind words.

Oh yeah, he's such a horrible man... donating money to help us. Giving money to the poor. Offering low cost fuel to poor Ameicans.

So horrible.
[post=548322]Quoted post[/post]​

Like all great dictators and madmen of the past, Hugo Chavez has taken a page directly from their books to "Give aid" to their populace to keep them quiet, build a routine, then threaten to take it away. Castro could have phoned that one in. It's what tyrannys do.

My right wing opinion ? His people want his ass out (As the 3 coup attempts might suggest) - And it's great that on the outside, he looked photogenic and full of candy, but how many miles of video footage do we have of Saddam hussein kissing babies and handing out free shit ?

My personal opinion ? I don't give a fuck. The more corrupt and miserable another country is, the happier I am to wake up in America as an American.

-> Steve
[post=548364]Quoted post[/post]​

Funny you mention the coups... since one was tied to Daddy Bush's administration during the whole Iran-Contra affair. 48 hours and they were defeated I do believe.

His government is a federal republic, quite like ours. He was elected by his people. His people rally behind him! Sorry, but you've got it a bit wrong when it comes to Chavez.

Glad you feel happy waking up in a country that is just as corrupt. Enjoy the $4/gallon gas.

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 1 2005, 02:58 PM
What I'm really interested in is how quickly these companies will lower their prices when we're back on line.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! You really are a funny guy! Remember that we will not feel an immediate drop in prices, but it will be gradual. Until the next crisis causes an INSTANT spike in prices.

Conserve.

This is America. Nobody knows how to conserve here. Even the political party with the word CONSERVE in its name doesn't even know how to.

They'd better learn fast.

waterworld2fm.jpg

:lol:

Funny you mention the coups... since one was tied to Daddy Bush's administration during the whole Iran-Contra affair. 48 hours and they were defeated I do believe.

wasn't that a coup in which chavez was part of the party attempting to overthrow the gov't, and was subsequentally jailed...?

then after his pardon and release he decided to get into politics?

and has anyone noticed how its not the average person in venezuela thats unhappy with the president, just the rich and corrupt he's trying to do away with...

i believe celerity stated it before, revolutions do not come from the average person, they are spawned by the rich, educated, and elite...?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Sep 1 2005, 04:17 PM
i believe celerity stated it before, revolutions do not come from the average person, they are spawned by the rich, educated, and elite...?
[post=548390]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe 300 years ago....

now, its all the lower class/poor that do it.

more fuel...

In fiscal year 2006, the New Orleans district of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is bracing for a record $71.2 million reduction in federal funding…The cuts mean major hurricane and flood protection projects will not be awarded to local engineering firms. Also, a study to determine ways to protect the region from a Category 5 hurricane has been shelved for now.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 1 2005, 04:20 PM
fuel to the fire:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9156612/

"We have got a mayor who has been pushing and asking but we’re not getting supplies,” he said. He said the evacuation was almost entirely a Louisiana operation. “This is not a FEMA operation. I haven’t seen a single FEMA guy.”

[post=548393]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah and the line directly over the one that you convieniently decided to quote states that FEMA has been there for 3 days
whats your point

this is little more than some fucking cry babies whining about the fact that FEMA hasnt made the whole situation better in 3 days

this type of shit takes time
and with a bunch of assholes rioting looting and shooting at rescue workers, gues what???? ITS GOING TO TAKE EVEN MORE TIME

if this should be a condemnation of anyone, it should be of the fucking trash that lives in NO

and some more...?

JACKSON BARRACKS -- When members of the Louisiana National Guard left for Iraq in October, they took a lot equipment with them. Dozens of high water vehicles, humvees, refuelers and generators are now abroad, and in the event of a major natural disaster that, could be a problem.

"The National Guard needs that equipment back home to support the homeland security mission," said Lt. Colonel Pete Schneider with the LA National Guard.

Jesus, I just heard on CNN that some prisoners are taking control of a prison right now in NO, they are still in the prison but have weapons etc.

LMAO, just heard on NPR that new orleans best bet is to declare itself a seperate country and seek foreign aid...

I think NPR was specifically created so people with absolutely no sense and huge fucking mouths could still spout retarded shit and pass it off as rational viewpoints.

NO should secede from the union, but only so we could smuggle all the people out that are worth a damn and then bomb the shit out of the remnants. Turn the entire area into a giant harbor.

last night on the news they said that prisoners in NO were released because they had no food/water/electricity

Originally posted by micah@Sep 1 2005, 04:41 PM
last night on the news they said that prisoners in NO were released because they had no food/water/electricity
[post=548425]Quoted post[/post]​

But plenty of guns, plasma TV's, and IPods.......

Originally posted by reckedracing@Sep 1 2005, 03:17 PM

wasn't that a coup in which chavez was part of the party attempting to overthrow the gov't, and was subsequentally jailed...?
[post=548390]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope, that was one sent to overthrow Chavez.

Did you see all the Haitians in New Orleans ? It's like little Haiti.

Then a friend of mine in NZ pointed out - With all those Haitians, And their love of voodoo in that town...

And all the dead bodies....

ZOMBIES !!!!!! Call George Romero !

Back