NX wet kit Q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drpenguin

Okay well insurance money rolled in and parts are comming on a daily basis. I got a NX Stage 1 EFI Nitrous system and a JG edlebrock victor x mani with the secondary ports for fuel or No2. I got the mani cause i dont want everyone to see a Nitrous nozzle going into my intake tube. I want it all tucked away behind the motor and under the intake mani. Now i got a ton of Q's. Should i schill out the extra 3 something for the Gen x 2 upgrade with heater and all those goodies? Someone told me its well worth it but i want people with systems to give me there feed back. Oh I am doing a wet system. I have heard so much bad stuff about dry kits i dont even want to f*ck with it. Do the heaters come on and turn off by them selfs or do i have to watch it? I dont wanna run more then a 50 or a 75 shot. Should i get a nitrous filter to put befor the solenoid? Are there any laws about having nitrous in a street car? Can i mount the bottle up and down vs. on its side? Is routing the nitrous line inside or outside the car best\easiest\safe? Is it better to run the WOT switch or a push button. I like the idea of the WOT switch just my 2c. If there is a leak in the system am I going to know right away? Can i Y the purge and have it come out two spots? any info for a newb is welcome

well i cant tell you much about the kit, but i know the main reason people hate dry kits is because they dont tune for it. with a wet kit you have a second solenoid for fuel, so your mixtures are pretty close right off the bat. dry kits require some sort of fuel management to add extra fuel when you push da button...thats why id go with direct port, but thats me.

No clue about the heater plate, just thought id give some info as to why people hate dry.

yeah thats what i have heard. I wanted to stick to wet so i dont have to do any extra tuning. im also looking into somre forged pistons. The pistons i have been looking at up my comp to 11-1. I was told you want somewhere around 10.5-1 or lower to be spraying? Anyways im off the get he slave master, i mean my woman

Now i got a ton of Q's. Should i schill out the extra 3 something for the Gen x 2 upgrade with heater and all those goodies? Someone told me its well worth it but i want people with systems to give me there feed back. Oh I am doing a wet system. I have heard so much bad stuff about dry kits i dont even want to f*ck with it. Do the heaters come on and turn off by them selfs or do i have to watch it? I dont wanna run more then a 50 or a 75 shot. Should i get a nitrous filter to put befor the solenoid? Are there any laws about having nitrous in a street car? Can i mount the bottle up and down vs. on its side? Is routing the nitrous line inside or outside the car best\easiest\safe? Is it better to run the WOT switch or a push button. I like the idea of the WOT switch just my 2c. If there is a leak in the system am I going to know right away? Can i Y the purge and have it come out two spots? any info for a newb is welcome

1.) A bottle heater is a must because it regulates the nitrous pressure and helps ensure that you dont run lean or rich from too much pressure or too little pressure. Try to get a used one off ebay. The NX heater is self-adjusting.

2.) In terms of legality, i got this off Wilkpedia:

Nitrous oxide injection systems for automobiles is generally legal, although using your nitrous system will likely result in speeds that are in violation of other traffic laws. Some localities also require certified system components. There are many reported instances of police officers arresting drivers of vehicles equipped with nitrous oxide injection systems on the grounds that they [the driver] intend to inhale it. This is unlikely, as auto-grade nitrous oxide is mixed with hydrogen sulfide and would cause significant deleterious effects if inhaled — such arrests are made out of ignorance of the specifics of 'inhalable' nitrous oxide, or as a ploy to rid the public streets of potential illegal street racing via the misapplication of existing laws.

You could also fail emissions if you spray nitrous before you go for a tailpipe test.

3.) As far as installation goes, i would mount the bottle in the trunk since you want to hide the system from other people. Mount the bottle in the trunk like so . . .

nitrousbottle2.jpg

4.) Route the nitrous lines inside the vehicle for safety reasons. You dont want rocks and debrees getting kicked up from the road and splitting your lines, etc.

5.) The push button system was used in "The Gay and The Curious" because it was a ricer movie . . . the WOT switch is far superior technology. Its also much safer to use since it wont spray on accident (i.e. you hitting a button on the steering wheel while daily driving.)

. . . . However for added safety you could use a WOT switch and a push button to arm the system. This would allow you to arm the system after a 1st to 2nd gear shift to help you with traction off the line untill you gain experience.

6.) IMO it is important to upgrade your fuel pump. The kit may say you dont need to, but if your crappy stock fuel pump fails then KABOOM
-> get the walbro 190lph pump as the 255lph would be overkill for your application.

Hope this helps.

*** Guys correct me if i have given any wrong info.

i have a rocker switch to arm/disarm my zex n2o kit that works just fine. one thing i would recommend, but not from experience, is a remote bottle opener. i do not know how dependable they are, but the ability to open/close your bottle without having to get out of the car to do it seems like a good idea. as for knowing if there is a leak or not, i believe a n2o pressure gauge would indicate if there is a leak or not. with my set-up, my bottle is in the hatch area and the control module under the hood. if the hose isn't tightened all the way on either end, you will see and hear the n2o spray everywhere when the bottle is opened. hope this helps. i've been thinking of switching to a wet system myself so let us know how it works out for you.

Emissions? I live in a DEQ exempt zone. So Ha bitches LoL j/k. I have a trunk but its a crx. so its just gonna go in the back on the driver side. Im getting the Gen x2 kit and im looking into a bottle opener. I was told if your caught with a cracked bottle they will take your car here in oregon. I was gonna wire it up so that when i arm the system the bottle opens.

Back