OBD 0 to OBD 1 conversion harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSI91

does anyone know the best..and cheapest place to buy one of these for a 91 crx si....i already put the d15b7 engine in my car..i just need to find a good place for a conversion harness

Originally posted by brian11to1@Oct 31 2004, 10:54 AM
Just one simple question, why did you put the D15B7 in? And not the D16Z6?

http://vtecfrog.com has the harnesses.
[post=409806]Quoted post[/post]​

because i was waiting on insurance to give me a 2,000 check so i could buy my b16a..but its been a long wait..so i wanted a "beater" motor..for the time being,so i could drive the car...i dont like SOHC engines period,because DOHC engines will always have more potential..i just needed a motor for the time being.

Ok, good reason...

good luck... ther eare other places that have the harnesses but I could only remember one.

thanks...but the shop thats working on my car..just told me..that they dont need the conversion harness...they said they can take the SI dizzy,and the SI Wiring harness..and use it on the new motor..and get the car working...but thanks for the support.

it is possible to get the b7 to run properly since it's essentially the same as the a6 (sohc non vtec), however, when you go to swap in the b16, you will have a hard time finding an obdo pr3 or pw0 to run it and it's much easier if you convert to obd1. there were no usdm obd0 vtec engines, so it's essential to get a jdm ecu, or use a vtec controller on a non vtec ecu like the pr4, but then you won't be getting full potential out of the motor. i suggest converting to obd1 for the future, much more aftermarket software.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 5 2004, 12:15 PM
If he gets a swap, the ECU will come with it.
[post=412501]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, but only if he buys a jdm obd0 b16 swap

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 5 2004, 12:51 PM
True...
[post=412586]Quoted post[/post]​

lets not make things more complicated than they should be...a b16 swap in a crx is the easiest swap to do..im not worried about my OBD or ECU..because the shop has a package deal,where i drop the car off..give them the money..and drive away with a b16 in my car...

im talking about its not serious RIGHT NOW...right now..all i have to do,is use the stock dizzy and wiring harness,and the motor will turn..ill save the conversion shit for later when i want to put in a different obd motor and ecu

it's just easier when putting in a vtec engine b/c the only obd0 vtec ecu's are jdm and very limited choices. for a non vtec engine, stay obd0.

this is..i repeat..this is a TEMPORARY motor,until i get a b16..end of story..i just wanted to know where i could find a good conversion harness for cheap.

man, make up your mind, first you want to convert and just want a harness and are swapping a b16, then you're swapping a d15 and don't know if you want to convert, then you say a b16 is the easiest swap, but yet you're paying a shop to do it??? if it's so easy, do it yourself, then you say teh shop is going to get the appropriate ecu with the swap so you don't care, then you say you will convert later. make up your fucking mind. all i said was don't convert right now if you have a non vtec engine, there's no point. if you plan on getting a b16 or any vtec engine later, convert to obd1 then, it's much easier and leaves you with more options for ecu's, tuning programs, etc.

Go to JDMshit.com they have the conversion harness really cheap I got mine for $78 shipped, not too bad I think.

If you never plan on running an aftermarket engine management system (if you never plan on boosting esentially) stick with obd0. You'll be fine. I don't know wtf projekteg is talking about. OBD0 is fine for the b16 and the ECU will come with the swap....so its not hard to find.

If you plan on boosting, convert to obd1 because uberdata requires obd1 and it is the best free ecu tuning program out there.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Nov 10 2004, 01:15 PM
Go to JDMshit.com they have the conversion harness really cheap I got mine for $78 shipped, not too bad I think.
[post=414729]Quoted post[/post]​

i believe you're talking about obd2 to obd1 harness', obd0 to obd1 are 110 at jdmshit, and boomslang has the best price that i've seen for 104 shipped for the complete harness and subharness.

Back