OBD 0 to OBD 1 conversion harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by projekteg@Nov 10 2004, 11:06 AM
man, make up your mind, first you want to convert and just want a harness and are swapping a b16, then you're swapping a d15 and don't know if you want to convert, then you say a b16 is the easiest swap, but yet you're paying a shop to do it??? if it's so easy, do it yourself, then you say teh shop is going to get the appropriate ecu with the swap so you don't care, then you say you will convert later. make up your fucking mind. all i said was don't convert right now if you have a non vtec engine, there's no point. if you plan on getting a b16 or any vtec engine later, convert to obd1 then, it's much easier and leaves you with more options for ecu's, tuning programs, etc.
[post=414683]Quoted post[/post]​

ive made my mind up,and i dont need you following my words to do what i want,its my decision...I put the D15 in my car,and thought i needed a conversion harness..so i came up here and asked..then i found out i DIDNT...end of fucking story...so then i talked about the b16 swap..it is the easiest swap...but where in my post does it even fucking BEGIN to hint that i will do it myself??...i like tuning cars like everyone else dawg,but i have better things to do,than to try and make myself look good (like a lot of wannabe mechanics up here) by saying "i dropped in my own b16",when u know,99% of the people who did it,came up here,and couldnt figure out how to get spark on the damn motor....Changing oil,spark plugs,wires,dizzy cap & rotor,and oil filters?? yes,i will do myself,cus its easy...and it saves me a trip to the auto shop...but i do have a life..and i dont have time,to be without a car for 3 weeks,because i have to research and look up how to swap it in...stop being narrow minded...some people would rather have it done by PROFESSIONALS..thats just how shit is sometimes..so i made up my mind...i DONT have a vtec engine,so im NOT converting now..so why are u arguing with me, if im agreeing with you?? calm your damn nerves...ill worry about tuning programs when i get a jdm motor i can TUNE.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Nov 10 2004, 01:04 PM
If you never plan on running an aftermarket engine management system (if you never plan on boosting esentially) stick with obd0. You'll be fine. I don't know wtf projekteg is talking about. OBD0 is fine for the b16 and the ECU will come with the swap....so its not hard to find.

If you plan on boosting, convert to obd1 because uberdata requires obd1 and it is the best free ecu tuning program out there.
[post=414786]Quoted post[/post]​

exactly man..i dont know what hes talking about either..hes just trying to find someone to argue with...and aint nothin dumber,than arguing about cars.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Nov 10 2004, 02:04 PM
If you never plan on running an aftermarket engine management system (if you never plan on boosting esentially) stick with obd0. You'll be fine. I don't know wtf projekteg is talking about. OBD0 is fine for the b16 and the ECU will come with the swap....so its not hard to find.

If you plan on boosting, convert to obd1 because uberdata requires obd1 and it is the best free ecu tuning program out there.

pr3 and pw0 are the only obd0 vtec ecu's and they are jdm, so the only way to get the appropriate ecu, which i've said from teh beginning is to get an obd0 jdm sir swap. that's all i've said, and didn't i mention that it would be better to convert to obd1 for after market tuning software (uberdata, crome, hondata, etc.) also? i could have sworn i mentioned that, and people don't only tune cars for turbo, so basically if you never want to get full tuning capability stick with obd0. i'm not trying to argue with anyone, i was stating your options and the facts. you were the one that said you weren't worried about converting obd b/c the shop would take care of it for you with the swap, so my only question is why does this thread even exist?

Originally posted by projekteg+Nov 10 2004, 11:46 AM-->
integraslut78
@Nov 10 2004, 01:15 PM
Go to JDMshit.com they have the conversion harness really cheap I got mine for $78 shipped, not too bad I think.
[post=414729]Quoted post[/post]​

i believe you're talking about obd2 to obd1 harness', obd0 to obd1 are 110 at jdmshit, and boomslang has the best price that i've seen for 104 shipped for the complete harness and subharness.
[post=414820]Quoted post[/post]​

I was just saying what I paid for mine not what the real price was for one Sorry
people need to chill on this site.

Originally posted by projekteg+Nov 10 2004, 02:56 PM-->
@Nov 10 2004, 02:04 PM
If you never plan on running an aftermarket engine management system (if you never plan on boosting esentially) stick with obd0.  You'll be fine.  I don't know wtf projekteg is talking about.  OBD0 is fine for the b16 and the ECU will come with the swap....so its not hard to find.

pr3 and pw0 are the only obd0 vtec ecu's and they are jdm, so the only way to get the appropriate ecu, which i've said from teh beginning is to get an obd0 jdm sir swap. that's all i've said, and didn't i mention that it would be better to convert to obd1 for after market tuning software (uberdata, crome, hondata, etc.) also? i could have sworn i mentioned that, and people don't only tune cars for turbo, so basically if you never want to get full tuning capability stick with obd0. i'm not trying to argue with anyone, i was stating your options and the facts. you were the one that said you weren't worried about converting obd b/c the shop would take care of it for you with the swap, so my only question is why does this thread even exist?
[post=414870]Quoted post[/post]​

the thread exists because i wanted to find a good site for conversion harnesses...and i found it..there u go..theres your answer.

Back