Obd 1 Or 2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Marcizo

Yea, i just realized i don't know if my civic is obd 1 or 2. it's a 99 ex. i was planning to put an ls motor in it. and can you guys let me know which year(s) of the ls motor would be the easiest one to put. thanks :worthy:

your car is OBD2, if you want to put an LS motor in, you need a motor from a 96-01 integra.
obd0 = <91
obd1 = 92-95
obd2 = 96-2001 (the 01 civic is obd 2.5 everything else is obd2)
obd2.5 = 2001+

obd2 gotcha, thanks. and now another question, would i save money buying the ls package(with the tranny), sell the ls tranny, and then buying a b16 tranny to put it in place, or is it cheaper to buy an ls motor(just motor) and buy a b16 tranny separately? :D thanks

Originally posted by Marcizo@May 9 2003, 01:18 AM
obd2 gotcha, thanks. and now another question, would i save money buying the ls package(with the tranny), sell the ls tranny, and then buying a b16 tranny to put it in place, or is it cheaper to buy an ls motor(just motor) and buy a b16 tranny separately? :D thanks

umm, you're probably better off getting a full swap then swapping trannies, thats what i did and it totalled to about $2000-2200 for and LS swap witha gsr trans

your car is obd2b

you have two choices:

2000 LS swap, also obd2b
civics went to 2b in 99, tegs didn't until 2000.

however, 2b ecu's have imobilizers built into the ECU's. so unles syou feel like swappign ingition shit,

99 ls swap
obd2a
use civic harness. lengthen wires/ swap dizzy plugs
get an obd2b ->2b conversion harness so you can plug the 2a ecu into your 2b harness

Originally posted by Baker@May 9 2003, 01:20 AM
umm, you're probably better off getting a full swap then swapping trannies, thats what i did and it totalled to about $2000-2200 for and LS swap witha gsr trans

ok, from what i've heard (which i highly doubt is true) finding a 5 speed tranny on a ls motor isn't an easy thing to do. :unsure:
anyways, does the ls tranny suck? or can i live with it for a while?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 9 2003, 07:25 AM
your car is obd2b

I though only the 99-00 Si was OBD IIb till 2001,when the other models also took it on.

Back