Obd0 B18a1-odb1 B18a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

what are the differences between the 90 LS engine and the 93 LS engine? Here's why I ask, I'm putting a 93 LS In my 90 Integra, the wire harness of the 90 has one more plug which the 93 doesnt. What is this plug?

Where is the plug on the harness, meaning where does it look like it should plug in? What did it plug into on the old engine?

dude, just swap your injectors and distributor from the 90 integra engine to the 93 integra engine, this will change the obd1 93 integra engine to an obd0, then u can put it in without a problem. I dont know what the sensor is, but if u want change over the wiring harness after you change the obd, and it will just drop in.

I dont know it has 2 prongs on it... on the back of the block on the side by the cams adn water pump and such it has a plug (on my odl engine) this engine it doesn't have one.

Would it be possible for you to get pic? The back of my block has 2 plugs. The oil pressure sender (1 wire) and a 2 wire plug (not sure what it is but I think it the the water temp sender). How many plugs does your OBD1 engine have on the back?

Just two, my harness off my OBD0 engien is different... it is the same engine as yours Eric.. came out of the same car...

Sorry, that was a misprint, I meanthow many plugs does your OBD0 engine have on the back? Where is the sensor that this plug went in on your OBD0 block?

My OBD0 engine had 3, thus the three plugs on the back of the block, however my OBD1 engine only has 2 like yours lsvtec... I can't get a picture of the back of hte old block, becuase I sold it... I can get one of my new engine, but Eric you already know what it looks like. Oh well, maybe I can call Honda and they can tell me or something.

What I am asking is where was this third plug on the OBD 0 block? That will give some clue as to what it was.

EDIT: I keep neglecting to ask the obvious question. When you start the ODB1 engine in your car, do you get a CEL?

I havent started it yet, hell I dont even have it in. I am waiting on funds for a front transmission mount. !!!

are u talking about the green plug on the motor underneath the distributor kinda? if u are, i left that out when i put my obd1 motor in my obd 0 car. the water temp plug on the back will have to be changed to a obd 0 plug. and distributor and injectors, but other than that and that green plug on the motor that just got left alone on mine, it should work just fine.

NO NO NO NO NO.. it isnt by the distributor at all it's over by the water pump, cams, and timing belt etc...

Civic_88ls

the water temp plug on the back will have to be changed to a obd 0 plug

Where is that plug located?

right beside the oil pressure sending unit kinda above and to the left of the oil filter. i think its a green plug. i cant remember what it looks like on the obd1 motor..

yes, thats exactly it. that plug needs to be the obd 0 plug and it will work perfect.

i didn't even use that on mine..

what is it?? an oil temp sensor?? i took it out and it had oil on it so i assume its some kind of temperature probe

on the picture that is linked a few posts above mine, the sensor that is circled is a OIL TEMPERATURE SENSOR. it's function is to tell the car to turn on the radiator fan for 5 min if oil temperature is above a certain point (i think 210 degrees) when the car is shutdown.

the car should run OK without that plugged in, but i would recommend unscrewing that sensor from your old OBD0 engine and screwing it in to the same spot in the OBD1 engine you are putting in. then the harness will have something to plug into and everything will be hunky dorey.

also i am 100% sure i am correct on this, as i went thru a long process of determining the exact function of everythign on the back of those blocks because of a coolant temperature switch i had to relocate.

EDIT: VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as mentioned before, you need to change out your fuel injectors from your old engine into this OBD1 engine or you could fry the ECM. the OBD0 injectors are low resistance and the OBD1 injectors are high resistance. also you must swap the distributors or it won't plug in and also won't function correctly... resistance values on coil are slightly different between the two and plugs are totally different.

EDIT 2: i have a polished silver venom fuel rail if you are interested, i just noticed it was in intended future mods on your sig. email andy_feger@hotmail.com if interested

How much for the fuel rail, fuck yea I am interested, excuse the language. I already know about the DIstributor, and injectors adn the wiring, it's all been switched. So if I dont plug the oil temp sensor in, will it throw a CEL code? I have a lot of shit to trade if you are open to trades for the rail, let me know

Back