obd0 to obd1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95hatchcx

i have a 95 honda hatch cx and a b18a1 from a 91 integra with all the wiring from
the motor, what do i need wiring wise to make this work?

Use the hatch wire harness, if its not vtec then you will have to add those wires as well. Use the teg ecu. You will have to get a obd0 to obd1 conversion harness. Hope that helps get you started.

ignore that advice. (nothing personal LOS222 - converting from OBD1 TO OBD0 is retarded)

you have an OBD0 motor. to make it an OBD1 motor, buy a 92-95 LS distributor. You could even use your CX distributor if you can figure out some ghetto ass way to rig it so it stays on there. You can even use a 96-00 OBD2 LS distributor but you will need to change the connector and connector pinouts in order to have it work.

Once you have an OBD1 distributor on the car, use your STOCK CX HARNESS and lengthen wires as need be.

Do NOT try to use the OBD0 B18A wiring as it will cause you pain.

There is a kid here in the opposite situation posting https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...showtopic=23059 there.

Maybe you guys can trade the 90-91 LS for the 92+ OBD1/OBD2 LS distributor and both be in better shape?

get an obd1 intake manifold, with obd1 injectors.

and don't ghetto rig your dizzy. do it right or don't do it at all.

get an obd1 intake manifold, tb, injectors, and dizzy. go ahead and use your stock harness, but TRIPLE CHECK EVERYTHING that you add/lengthen. you'll have to add a vtec wire, and possibly some others, im not positive. TRIPLE CHECK EVERYTHING THAT YOU ADD/LENGTHEN.

have fun, kid

if you want to use the OBD0 intake manifold (no good reason to tho...) splice in the injector resistor box from the teg too and it will work fine. You might need to block off the fast idler plate too. If you do this, adding DSM 450s later on will be a snap.

86 hacking the distributor, don't expect to just hack shit up and have it last, and also I would 86 the idea of DSM injectors.

I would 86 the idea of you opening your mouth.

You don't just plug DSM injectors in there cause you feel like it - you put DSM injectors in there in combination with some form of engine management that can run them (chipped ECU, hondata, AEM)

Chipped ECU + Uberdata boost code + 450cc injectors + Stock GSR bottom end/ITR cams (shush, I know they're not good for FI) + a big fcuking turbo w/ 40 minutes baseline tuning made enough power to roast a Centerforce stage 3 clutch on the second run out of the driveway. Has a Clutchmaster's 4-puck and a fidanza aluminum wheel in it now. Should hold. :) Hoping for high 12s on slicks on friday after a little more wideband tuning.

What were you saying to 86 again?

Originally posted by radnulb@Oct 15 2003, 11:41 AM
I would 86 the idea of you opening your mouth.

why? he knows what he's talkin about, which is more than i can say for you....

Should hold.

that sounds comforting. i dont know about you, but i like knowing for sure that my shit isn't gonna fuck up because i didn't install something right. do it right or don't do it at all.

when was the last time any of you saw a car with a ghetto-rigged distributor running anything short of a 13? no pics=no proof. theres a reason that most people buy the right shit, and do it right.

do it right or don't do it at all.

Back