Obd0 zc dohc ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

moosebrew

I have a OBD0 ZC DOHC coming in that will be installed in a 90 civix dx 5-speed. This car is a daily driver and I'm looking mainly for fuel efficiency and reliablity. With that said I also don't want to piss hp away with the wrong ecu.

From the searching and reference sections and such it looks like I can use either a PM6 ecu from a civic/rex si or a PG7 from a 88-89 integra. Both have to be from a 5-speed car. I'm not willing to shell out 200 for the PM7 though.

-Does anyone have experience running the PM6 vs the PG7 in a similar applicaiton?
-Will I be pissing hp or fuel efficiency away by running a PM6 on the DOHC?

Thanks for any help you can offer
Mark

PM7 chip in a PM6

Ok so does anyone have any experience with the PM7 chips being sold on ebay and putting them into a PM6 ECU? I see they sell what is claimed to be a PM7 program for around $15-20. Do these really give you the same thing as an original PM7 when put into a PM6 ECU?

Thanks for any input
Mark

I'm not sure about those chips so I can't tell you if they are good or not...

as far as the pm7 ecu's vs the pm6, the pm7 is the closest you'll get to the fuel and timing maps and correct redline for the dohc zc. The pm6 has a higher redline so you don't want to accidently over rev your motor. Unless you plan on building it, that's a different story...

You can also run the pr4 from the 90-91 integra but it'll run a little rich since it's for a 1.8 motor vs your 1.6...

Thanks, I'm looking at a PG7 ECU but thought if I could get a PM6 local and pay a few bucks for one of these PM7 chips that would essentially give me the closest thing to a real PM7 without the $200 price tag.

Mark

the PG7 from 88-89 Integra is essentially the same as the PM7, just doesn't have a speed limiter - the PM6 has fuel cutoff at about 400 rpm lower than the PM7 and PG7 - redline on PM6 is 6800 - it is 7200 on PM7 and PG7 - you will not be able to tell the difference between a PG7 and PM7 by just driving it - we have done over 40 ZC swaps and have used mainly PG7 ECUs and they work great

are u planin to keep that ecu..?? cus alot of ppl are usin the p28 and chipin it.. i heard and i seen gud things about it.. its real gud.. but u gonna chip it to ur engine.. same as ur ecu.. u should chip it but tuned it at the same time.. it be better for u to get a dohc ecu..

Back