Obd1 motor on an ef

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93hatchb16

I have an 1990 ef dx and i was wondering what stuff do i need? Wires,adapters,shiftlinkage,ecu,etc.

Thank you. Your friendly neighborhood racer.

It really depends on the motor you're swapping in.

To transfer from OBD0 to OBD1 you need a OBD1 ECU (to match your motor) a conversion harness and you're own wiring skillz on the engine harness.

Now to get any other motor than a D-series to sit in your EF you need mounts, shift linkage, axles, ect. But it still depends on which motor you're swapping in.

^Yep. You really need to decide what motor you want to swap first. I had an ODB0 LS (B18A1) in my DX for a while, its a pretty easy swap. All the info you need to do it is on this site, do some searching and reading.

I'm sorry but there's a lot of forums on this site its really hard to find what i need to know. So i started my own forum. And yes I'm thinking of putting in a LS but i cant find a good OBD0 LS. So i might have to putin a OBD1.

you in cbus huh. where you located exactly? i'm like 5 mins east of the outerbelt in reynoldsburg

Back