obd2 b18b1 swap 5th gen

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
When doing a obd2 b18b1 swap into a 5th gen civic hatch, is it true that all you need is the obd-1 ecu and thats it. No extra wiring, or changing of the distributor and all that crap. K thanx B)

OBD1 ecu is a start. your stock wiring harness should work just fine, you will have to lengthen the Air Intake Temp Sensor wires so they will reach the placement of the OBD2 AIT which is on the intake tube and not on the intake manifold like on the OBD1 cars. You will need to use an obd1 distributor tho, or you can change the plugs on the OBD2 distributor and make it work too just match up color for color. As well as the injector plugs will have to be changed to the OBD2 plugs, if you are using an OBD2B(99-00) motor the O2 sensors plugs are reversed as well, other than that it should be fine. Hope this helps

Why wouldnt the alternator work? That doesn't make sense, the plug may need to be changed but not the alternater itself.

Either or in this case... im sorry i forgot about the alternator, but you can use an OBD1 alt or change the plug, again just match color for color.

Originally posted by ksrcivic@Nov 18 2003, 03:03 AM
You will need to use an obd1 distributor tho, or you can change the plugs on the OBD2 distributor and make it work too just match up color for color. As well as the injector plugs will have to be changed to the OBD2 plugs, if you are using an OBD2B(99-00) motor the O2 sensors plugs are reversed as well, other than that it should be fine. Hope this helps

No, no, no. Pretty much everything you said is incorrect.

the obd2 dizzy will work just fine

you dont need to switch any alternator plug

o2 sensor plugs in just fine and works prefect

also the alternator will not work so you will have to get one from a 94-95 (obd1)teg or something along those lines....

:no:

you will have to lengthen the Air Intake Temp Sensor wires so they will reach the placement of the OBD2 AIT which is on the intake tube and not on the intake manifold like on the OBD1 cars

omg :bash:

my motor has the ait sensor in the EXACT same position as the obd1 civic motors

When doing a obd2 b18b1 swap into a 5th gen civic hatch, is it true that all you need is the obd-1 ecu and thats it. No extra wiring, or changing of the distributor and all that crap.

I have an obd2 b18b1 in a 5th gen civic(del sol)

here is the definitive answer-

ALL you need is the complete engine swap with engine harness, unplug your old engine harness at the strut tower and plug the new one in. Plug an obd1 ls ecu in. THATS IT.

btw if you need an obd1 ls ecu here you go

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2443100960

Thanks sol. Do you throw any cel's? I had a feeling with the b18b1 it was like that, or so I heard.

Back