obd2b motor in obd2a car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xcthc

more specifically... a b18b where a y7 used to be. i don't believe i'll have to do much wiring because they're both non-vtec.... but the b18 is an obd2b motor. in my internet searching it seems like i can just get the conversion harness and run the obd2b ecu, but will i have to run any extra sensors on top of that? can i just run an obd2a LS ecu and not have to worry about any loose sensors?:ph34r:

i have made a similar swap, i have taken out my D15Z6 engine (OBD2A) and replaced with a B16A2 engine (OBD2B).

The problems i had were:

- i was forced to buy a OBD2A engine harness and ECU (OBD2B as a lot of sensors inside the car)

aside from that, all sensors were the same, alternator and distribuitor wires were the same also.

the only thing i had to adapt was some wires i had to extend to reach the sensors, the rest was basically the same.

Keep your obd2a harness and just find an obd2a LS ecu. You can find them in the 97-98 LS/GS/RS models, I believe.

I am doing a swap its a 97 civic ex and it blew up. I just ordered the ecu because the engine is obd2b same situation as you guys. all the sensors and everything will plug up and work just fine except for 1 and that's the crankshaft fluctuation sensor/ crankshaft position sensor that is on the b18. I am using the d16 harness like everyone says to but the plugs are different the one on the integra is a 3 wire plug the one on my harness is a 2 wire. so should I just cut and plug or what? this forum has helped me a lot and after this question im ready to complete it.

(I have no experience with this exact swap)
You may need to cut the plug off, paste it on to the d16 harness, and run the 3rd needed wire to the correct pin on the ecu. Maybe someone else can chime in before you cut :)

Back