Oct 4......Drifting Challenge...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OK....only a few days left to get the stuff ready to roll....

So far just me and Chris are in...so that means the T-rex with those damn slick tires, and the Z with the frail 14+ year old steamrollers are going....

Is there anyone else that feels like they may go to just watch? I have a lot of stuff I need to take; toolboxes, tires, jacks, chairs, tires, helmets, tires, drinks...tires.......ie. And I will need a little spare trunk space to help get these down there.... if you want to caravan from Stratford, CT with us.

This event is going to be awesome....those Signal guys can drift.....and they have almost no fear when they are doing their fancy footwork...

Originally posted by Airjockie@Sep 29 2003, 01:29 PM
Is there anyone else that feels like they may go to just watch? I have a lot of stuff I need to take; toolboxes, tires, jacks, chairs, tires, helmets, tires, drinks...tires.......ie. And I will need a little spare trunk space to help get these down there.... if you want to caravan from Stratford, CT with us.

What about just taking the Z down there with Chris following you in the Jeep filled with your tools and shit? Sorry I can't make it.

Taking the jeep to New Jersey is like putting green shag carpetting on your ceiling...

You think about it and then quickly... "... Nah! "

If Chris works out a deal with loaning my mother the Rage, He can take the Civic. She's a pro driver.

Or we can get the damned brake caliper for the Hachi-Roku this week and take it.

-> Steve

To many choices.....and they all sound good....

The Jeep stays at the house....it can't drift worth shit....and it would look funny around all the rice that might be there for the other shows.....

The rex proved itself yesterday as a drift car, and I got to burn off the rest of those nitto's so Chris can have his rims back......and it will drift like crazy if there is a little rain...hehe

The Z may find some new brakes tommorrow, and I am going to do the valve adjusting, and maybe see if there is anything I can do to get the engine to put out a little more power.....with what I got now. And I need to locate another set of rim/tires to slap on.....hmmm...I still got Chris's 14" Azenis I might slap on the fronts for a little bit....that will help me control the fronts a little better, but I still need to find some type of a replacement for the rear.....

The AE86 just needs the E-brake cable brakets re-installed, and a new/used caliper for the drivers side rear...then it will be set.....but with the rusted out shocks and the still puny 4-AC engine...it will be way out classed and look completely out of place....so it will get some work done to it when the wife is in Japan.....hehe....boy will she be surprized when she gets back.

Another woman in her pajamas ?

I don't think so...if there was another girl....she would never be forced to wear anything that the wife has..... :p

and I bet I can pick up a girl faster than you...hehe ;)
My good looks and smooth charm will woo any girl in meh bed...If I wanted too.

That's only if I really wanted too...... :ph34r:

Besides...women love mechanics...they know how good we are with our hands....
And Bill...if you butt in on this thread and say anything about _______, expect a flame war....hehe :moon:

please. ive got you all beat.

next weeks mod will be that TB... i just got thru the how-to and im going to test the sensors on my during the week.

clayton you want to make some cash porting?? :D

and I bet I can pick up a girl faster than you...hehe
My good looks and smooth charm will woo any girl in meh bed...If I wanted too.

That's only if I really wanted too......

Wipe your eyes, because the shit is getting deep !

I'm not touching this. If being a mechanic is chasing poor Chris around the shop with a pry bar and slick50 bearing lube - Count me out.

If being a mechanic is building fine motors and cars then thanks for the compliment :)

-> Steve

Originally posted by Airjockie@Sep 29 2003, 09:07 PM

How true, but someone with auto body skills would tempt me more these days. Heehee. ;)

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Sep 29 2003, 11:44 PM
:p till your cars exterior is perfect?? :lol:

Oops. Have I been found out? Haha. But it's New England and my car will never be perfect. :lol:

Now back on topic again...the rex is up and ready to run, except it looks like I have a slight oil leak that I got to track down and fix....

And I think I will need a full tank to get it down there...it sucks more gas than the Z does......

Update....I got the Z some new rubbers.....this event is going to kick some major ass.....the CRX is running strong, and the cylinder rings have re-seated themselves, plus I am closing in on 10 PSI....so it is now a real monster...I put the Bronze Konigs w/Azenis's on it, and now I grip like mad, but I will take the slightly bald nitto's as well. The Z got Azenis's up fron, and some nice new Coopers in the back...they rock.....plus the shift knob came in a few weeks back....I adjusted the valves last night, and cleaned the plugs....the fuel mixture is a perfect color...so I ecpect no problems from the engine....I did find on my inspection that the rear swaybar bolt and bushings need to be replaced, so I might get to those tommorrow....

Now...besides me and the wife, and my little buddy Chris...who's going?

We have to arrive at the gates in NJ around 11:00 AM, so we will prolly leave CT around 8:00 on sat morning.

It sounds like he wants to much money for them....oh well.

Here's a page that has a lot of pic's and vids from the last DOW....this is what you can expect to see, and more at tommorrows event....

And yes there will be a lot of people their trying to drift their FWD and AWD cars...

Pics and Vids from DGTrials.com

Cool. Some of the pix look like they were taken in an autocross setting. Do they set up cones in a lot to make it a safer (for the car) event? Or were those actually autoX shots?

The vidoes with side-by-side cars looked pretty wild! :spin:

It's just an autocross that add the flare of losing the traction...err, slide....err drift...so the cones are the coarse, and they are pretty safe...unless you really get to close to a wall, and lose traction...completely. In autocross, your racing your own personal clock.....in drifting...it is all about style, and smoking tires. It would be pretty cool if the Members at CART found this link somehow.....and it would be better if they set up a few runs a year at bristol....but bristol's parking lot is just a little bit to bumpy.....

Back