Off centered piston...WTF?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm thinking incorrectly cast and/or machined in some way. I'm going to be able to drop it off on Monday to hopefully find out what's going on.

so what ever happened with this???

are nippons junk?

sorry to see that. i know others have said this but it looks like maybe the rod was drilled at an angle to get the piston pin through? hope you get this fixed and i would like to hear how this turns out since i was interested in nippons.

so how the hell did it happen?

did the apprentice bend the rod?
or was the rod junk?

blanco...if you need a new rod..I just puled a z6 bottom end apart with a spun bearing, so only 3 of the rods are good...they still have the psitons on them, but I'll sell you whatever you want...1 rod or all 4 or the 3 good ones...cheap too.. I have no need for them....I'd rather help you get your build on than have them take up room in my garage....LMK

is the head on? with no compression (ie, theres no resistance with the head off, air wise) it shoudl spin faily easily and be near identical in feel all around the 360* turn. with the head on is when you get the easy-hard-easy-hard due to the compression

when clayton and i rebuilt walters motor last weekend, (d15b7) with new rings and honed the cylinders, it was slightly hard to turn it over with the head off, but it was uniform all the way around.

Back