Official Black Friday "what'd ya get?" thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mmmmm xbox 360 :drool: i'm thinking post-holiday madness maybe...

i bought a canon digital rebel xti.

but i avoided the stores. online shopping ftw. yeah i gotta wait a few days, but i saved 60 more by not having to pay sells tax. plus i didnt have to put up with people. i love the interwebs.

edit: its for me. i will not be giving gifts nor recieving them this year. family already gets my money.

I bought a xbox 360 along with forza 2 and halo3.

Hmm... Did you buy the arcade model or the pro model... if you went with the pro model you would of got Forza 2 for free with Ultimate Alliance, so you got ripped off. But if you went arcade model (boo) then meh.

Anyways I got an 30GB zune from Toys'r'us for $80 didn't even have to wait in line in the morning, strolled in at about 5 in the afternoon and picked it up from the managers office. :p

Edit: Sorry I ment free as in Forza 2 and UA come free with the system, package by microsoft.

Last edited:
I got nothing. I didn't even leave the house yesterday because I got an Xbox360 (with forza 2 and Alliance) and Call of Duty 4 on Thursday.

17" Widescreen Acer LCD for $99 after MIR, and a 20lb Turkey at the grocery store for $5!!!

Hmm... Did you buy the arcade model or the pro model... if you went with the pro model you would of got Forza 2 for free with Ultimate Alliance, so you got ripped off. But if you went arcade model (boo) then meh.

Anyways I got an 30GB zune from Toys'r'us for $80 didn't even have to wait in line in the morning, strolled in at about 5 in the afternoon and picked it up from the managers office. :p

Edit: Sorry I ment free as in Forza 2 and UA come free with the system, package by microsoft.

Nah I didn't get the pro model, I would have liked the pro but i'll just have to get the hard drive another time and I didn't really want that spiderman game (or whatever it was)

Woke up to my sister handing me a set of ear buds for the ipod so I can replace my current ones and drain things out a little better at the gym.

Not bad for not going out at all today.

^^ yay! Glad they're replaced. :p

As for Black Friday, I got sweatpants (I needed them for this winter) and some underwear. I bought the kids some stuff but we didn't do too much shopping... I wanted to avoid it, but meh.

^^ yay! Glad they're replaced. :p

As for Black Friday, I got sweatpants (I needed them for this winter) and some underwear. I bought the kids some stuff but we didn't do too much shopping... I wanted to avoid it, but meh.

Not my color of choice, neon green, and don't quite get loud enough to drown everything out at the gym but beggars can't be choosers.

I can't thank you enough for the ipod, though. I use it every day.

Last edited:
That's all I wanted. To give it a place where it would get used. I didn't really use it enough... and my sidekick duos as a music player so I had no need for it.

I spent most of the day taking apart the engine on my Prelude since it decided to blow a head gasket a couple weeks ago :eek:

No rebates for me...

Best Buy:
Panasonic miniDV camcorder $150
Logitech cordless Revolution mouse $50

CompUSA:
1GB DDR SODIMM for Katie's laptop $50

Fry's:
3x Maxtor 300GB 7200rpm SATA drives retail box $50 each

Sears:
Gear Ratchet set $30
Drop down light on reel $11
Couple of other tools not on sale- missing sockets, clip rails etc.

I missed the one deal I wanted to get for the wife by about 20 people at Fry's- they had a simple point and shoot Sony camera for $77.

I didn't get anything :(

Looking to pick up a 32" sammy for the bedroom though. Maybe moving my 56" Sammy DLP to the gameroom (unless someone wants to buy it!) and getting a 46" or 50" Aquos LCD for over the fireplace

I picked up this toy on my drive back from TN in GA from a little shop in the middle of nowhere at 9pm that I saw open after dinner. Got a nice Rok Sak bag with it and the guy gave me a couple straps, a tuner, and a few cables after I sat and jammed with him a bit. I didn't need any of it, but he insisted and just put it in the bag. It's just so comfortable and sounds very rich. Nothing special, but I needed an acoustic/electric to plug into my equipment. Time to hit up some coffee shops :D.
Geetarr.jpg

That makes 4 acoustics and no electrics lol.

Sweet I like the finish on it.. I have a semi hollow electric that has the same type of suburst finish on it just a little lighter. I love the smaller shops like that one people are usually so nice :)

i stood in line for about 4 hours in 26 degree weather and snow for a coach purse for the ol' lady :cold:

Sweet I like the finish on it.. I have a semi hollow electric that has the same type of suburst finish on it just a little lighter. I love the smaller shops like that one people are usually so nice :)
Thanks. Even though I prefer seeing the grain of the wood, the finish caught my eye as well. And yeah, small shops with cool owners rock ^_^

Not a darn thing this year. :(

Last year I waited in 14 degree weather all night from 10:00pm to 6:00am at Home Depot(!) for one of eight 42" 720p LCD TVs they had for like $369. Fantastic deal, though the standard tuner in it has gone out. HD receiver and all the other inputs still work fine. My brother and I were second in line (brought two people for redundancy... both to ensure our getting one of the TVs and to trade off time in the car for warming up/naps). An old middle eastern man and a soccer mom were actually wrestling on the ground over the last TV. :ph34r: Manager almost called the cops and vowed to never carry the TVs again!

Back