OFFICIAL Redsox vs. Yankees thread

Who will take the ALDS?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Pedro dropped two straight starts to the Yankees, he was in an interview after the game. When asked about why he couldn't beat the Yanks, he said (in a long quote) "What can I say — just tip my hat and call the Yankees my daddy. I can’t find a way to beat them at this point."

Yes, he actually said that. Yanks fans jumped all over it, and some Red Sox fans tried to defend him, or put a spin on the quote. Fact is, he called the Yankees his daddy. And he'll never live it down, until he gets traded to the Yankees so that he'll have a shot at getting a World Series ring. :D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 14 2004, 10:07 AM
he gets traded to the Yankees so that he'll have a shot at getting a World Series ring. :D
[post=402492]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: :lol:

So says the fat man.

Red Sox : It's not too late to buy in bulk :
BDRK3196.JPG

i highly doubt its gonna be a sweep.... they still have to win two in boston! if wakefield pitches (starts) i dont see the yankees winning that game...he always kills us.

Bah, Game 5 is tonight, fucking Red Sox keep pulling wins out of their asses. It's ok, Jessie Jackson has a better chance of being president than Boston does of winning the series.

Originally posted by Havok@Oct 19 2004, 08:12 AM
Bah, Game 5 is tonight, fucking Red Sox keep pulling wins out of their asses. It's ok, Jessie Jackson has a better chance of being president than Boston does of winning the series.
[post=404638]Quoted post[/post]​

Ahh yes! Game 5 = Sox rule.

How bout Wakefield and Arroyo? :sniper: Jeter
:sniper: Arod
:sniper: Sheffield

Game six . . .

sox kick so much ass they lost the first 3 games coming off of a sweet vs the angels!! GO SOX!! oh wait, they are still down in the series 2-3. Arroyo, are you kidding me, he got his ass stomped in by the yankees in game 3!!!! and we did the same thing to wakefield in game 3 too!!!! jesus, you fuckin red sox fans, you win a game or two and you think you re the best thing since sliced bread. I will say this though, Gary Sheffield was right "The RedSox are a walking disaster. They act like they are so tough and want to win so bad, but its just a front" Its true, the redsox strut their shit and act like everyone should be afraid of them, sorry...no one is. Also, the redsox ACT like they want to win, but honestly its not like the team as a whole cares. After we swept you before the allstar break, your goal was to make wild card, not to win the division, that doesnt show the fans that you want to win...its like you will settle for almost-but-not-quite-as-good-as-the-yankees. and another thing, you have shilling pitching tonight, umm didnt he get raped last time he pitched?? yeah.

:chair:

Haha, a guy from another board is an A's fan. After they lost to the Angels, he said this:

"Now I'm going to go celebrate my A's 2nd place finish and pop some champagne bottles...just like the Red Sox do when they finish 2nd."

:bo: :lol:

Definitely looking forward to the Yanks owning Schill again. Shouldn't be too tough, he's not 100% yet.

Originally posted by tylonalsnifnfool@Oct 14 2004, 10:34 PM
i hate the yankees with a passion. but i would never bet against them.
[post=402790]Quoted post[/post]​

well than i hate you...

i love the yankees..season ticket holder, and i would still bet against the yankees just because i know how they are and when they'll fuck up...3-0 to 3-1 to 3-2...i knew they wernt gonna sweep..its gonna go to game 7..yankees will lead in early innings..blow the lead..and have a miracle to win..jsut like last ALCS

^^^^ just like they did all year. they lead the mlb (they hold the mlb record too) for comeback wins. i did say 2 weeks before the playoffs "the yankees will NOT win the world series", and i stand by that, i dont think they can beat the astros or cardinals.....and i think the same of the redsox. and all you red sox fans think that you have a chance, im sorry. there are two more games to be played, they are bound to lose one of them, and thats all it takes. I dont think the redsox have what it takes in big game situations (big pressure situations) to win. im not saying that because im a yankees fan, im saying it because im a baseball fan.

cant ever count the sox out! jesus schill had his skin stitched so he could pitch.

sox cant win in big game situations? how about being down 0-3 and tieing up the series.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Oct 20 2004, 02:33 AM
cant ever count the sox out! jesus schill had his skin stitched so he could pitch.

sox cant win in big game situations? how about being down 0-3 and tieing up the series.
[post=405088]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Schill pitched an amazing game last night.

Some munkey at my school today said that the sox woulda been skrewed w/out schill last night . . . .that may be true, but i guess the same goes for the Yankmees and their all star lineup who has just lost 3 straight games.

NOT to mention that they cheated and got caught last night. . . . . Arod = :owned: by MLB rulebook.

:whatafucktard:

NOT to mention that they cheated and got caught last night. . . . . Arod = :owned: by MLB rulebook.

:whatafucktard:
[post=405122]Quoted post[/post]​

What I can't believe is that the umpire was RIGHT THERE, he SWATTED THE BALL out of the fielders hand, and DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH THE BASE, and the ump STILL CALLED HIM SAFE.

I'm glad they corrected that bribed ump in the end. :D

And the riot cops all lined on the field DURING PLAY = :blink:

I wouldnt say that the yankees line up lost, id say that a few pitchers lost it for the yankees. yes arod did intentially hit the ball out of his hand, who cares, they called him out and put jeter back on first. redsox have never ever done anything like that or something similar....never!!!! im not worried, im not nervous, im not scared...i know the yankees will win tonight, lowe is pitching and he has never had 2 consecutive wins, and brown is pitching. im confident in brown that he will get the job done.

man did kevin brown come through for the sox or what!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back