Official Report: Saddam had NO WMDs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oh please, you can say "I told you so" because apparently you had access to intelligence far superior to anything the US government did???

they acted on information which they thought was viable, sitting in your home and making a decision based on your own opinions hardly makes you qualified to make decisions on as large a scale as this

nonetheless, i agree that it really makes us look ridiculous that there were aboslutely no WMD's

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Oct 6 2004, 04:56 PM
oh please, you can say "I told you so" because apparently you had access to intelligence far superior to anything the US government did???

they acted on information which they thought was viable, sitting in your home and making a decision based on your own opinions hardly makes you qualified to make decisions on as large a scale as this

nonetheless, i agree that it really makes us look ridiculous that there were aboslutely no WMD's
[post=399189]Quoted post[/post]​

In response to the CIA's grim view of how Iraq would turn out, Bush said this:

"The CIA laid out several scenarios and said life could be lousy, life could be OK, life could be better, and they were just guessing as to what the conditions might be like."

Now waitaminit... the CIA, the same agency that the administration said was absolutely certain that Saddam had WMDs is now GUESSING?!?!?!?

Sorry, there are quite a few screws loose in the current administration.

and I'm not disagreeing with that at all

I'm simply saying that you weren't in the position to make decisions regarding things of this magnitude, and as such, you can't say I told you so, just because you sat at home and had a gut feeling there were no WMD's

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Oct 6 2004, 05:08 PM
and I'm not disagreeing with that at all

I'm simply saying that you weren't in the position to make decisions regarding things of this magnitude, and as such, you can't say I told you so, just because you sat at home and had a gut feeling there were no WMD's
[post=399196]Quoted post[/post]​

True. Very true.

However after researching everything it was blindingly apparent that we weren't gonna find anything. I'm annoyed that the administration pressed the issue even after the whole fallout (no pun intended) of the uranium claims.

But I can finally tell everyone who said I was unamerican for even questioning such a thing 'I told you so'.

Better question: was this possibly the October Suprise?

(EDIT: I posted links to different sources so nobody could scream "LIBERAL MEDIA". Hell, even RepublicanCo... errr Fox... is carrying the story.)

just because you sat at home and had a gut feeling there were no WMD's

uhm...

the UN stated that iraq had no WMD's... on numerous occassions, but the US kept beating the war drums...

and Bush's justification for the war was some fuzzy picture that they said was some sort of weapons facility...

anyone with half a mind could clearly see the whole media campaign that lead us into this war...

FUCK BUSH

intelligence far superior to anything the US government did???

what fucking intelligence did the US gov't have exactly???
those pieces of shit got us into a bogus war, killing americans everyday, and all so halliburton could get a fucking no bid contract...
and i'll say it again

FUCK BUSH

EDIT: BUSH you weren't in the position to make decisions regarding things of this magnitude

1. War helps an economy. While it was a sneaky was to boost the economy, it did what it was supposed to.

2. Bush is a moron for lying and/or using false intelligence for going into Iraq. I feel that going in there and cleaning house was a good thing for us to do, initially. Not only did it get rid of one of the most foul dictators present-day Earth has seen, it showed other countries that we're not afraid to go kick some ass if we're messed with. However, after the initial stages of the war, we've shot ourselves in the foot and handled the situation absurdly. If Bush had just given the American public the real reasons that he went in there, we'd be in a much better position right now.

So quit it with the I-told-you-so's. You didn't tell us anything. You repeated what the media told you, that there weren't any WMD's there. Regardless, we now have one less crazy fuck to deal with in the world. If we could get rid of the North Korean lunatic, along with several key figures in the Middle East (Sharon and Arafat included), the world would be a much safer place.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 6 2004, 05:39 PM
1. War helps an economy. While it was a sneaky was to boost the economy, it did what it was supposed to.
[post=399214]Quoted post[/post]​

i read somewhere(msn i think) earlier that the economy was doing better before bush got into office, and they said the economy still hasnt fully recovered. they also said(actually i think edwards said it), that all of the wars in the past has brought the economy up except for this one....

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Oct 6 2004, 05:39 PM-->

2. Bush is a moron for lying and/or using false intelligence for going into Iraq. I feel that going in there and cleaning house was a good thing for us to do, initially. Not only did it get rid of one of the most foul dictators present-day Earth has seen, it showed other countries that we're not afraid to go kick some ass if we're messed with. However, after the initial stages of the war, we've shot ourselves in the foot and handled the situation absurdly. If Bush had just given the American public the real reasons that he went in there, we'd be in a much better position right now.

So quit it with the I-told-you-so's. You didn't tell us anything. You repeated what the media told you, that there weren't any WMD's there. Regardless, we now have one less crazy fuck to deal with in the world. If we could get rid of the North Korean lunatic, along with several key figures in the Middle East (Sharon and Arafat included), the world would be a much safer place.
[post=399214]Quoted post[/post]​

sabz5150

Let me say that again, so it can sink in. No. Weapons. Of. Mass Destruction. Not over 25,000 liters of anthrax. Not 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin. Not 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent. Not upwards of 30,000 munitions capable of delivering chemical agents. Those are all direct quotes from the State of the Union speech in 2003, and instead, what they found was a bag of expired Doritos, a jar of mayonnaise that had been left in the sun for a week and a few old bottles of "Crystal Pepsi".

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...pic=43704&st=25

So I guess this means you can STFU now.

That list was only like 20 quotes long. How many retarded/offensive things do you think we could come up with for Bush?

the horse was dead a while ago.

-Just to play devils' advocate

One thing that comes to mind is, weren't all UN inspectors being kicked out of Iraq right before we invaded?

Maybe we have an october surprise on our hands....

But really, this is a dead story.

All the Kerry supporters that are gloating are the worst. That fucker voted the SAME as Bush, only changing his mind after we went in and he had a campaign to go on with.

gloat? naw....

regardless of what HAS happened, voting for kerry instead of bush is all about the FUTURE and to fix the shit we're in-- not to continue it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 6 2004, 10:22 PM
All the Kerry supporters that are gloating are the worst. That fucker voted the SAME as Bush, only changing his mind after we went in and he had a campaign to go on with.
[post=399345]Quoted post[/post]​

Sure, I'll gloat... been waiting for someone to say it. No, I don't agree with the war but goddamnit if you're gonna take us to war, tell us the fuckin' truth! It really pisses me off that great men and women are dying for a lie. The whole yellowcake uranium thing, the fake evidence, and now this... Come on, even YOU have to be a bit pissed.

The worst of the bunch are the neocons and their "W.. we.. well... he was still a bad man! The WMDs are somewhere! I know they are! War is justified!" Lying to the people of your country is WRONG. Yes, even I was smacking my forehead at Clinton.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Oct 7 2004, 04:40 AM-->
gloat? naw....

regardless of what HAS happened, voting for kerry instead of bush is all about the FUTURE and to fix the shit we're in-- not to continue it.
[post=399357]Quoted post[/post]​
Ok, so what's Kerry going to do? Don't worry, he doesn't know either.

Sabz5150

... Come on, even YOU have to be a bit pissed.

Oh yea, everytime I hear my little boy on the phone, or see pics of him and my wife I steam. Unfortunely, I don't have to luxury of crying about it. My head has to stay focused on where I am at in order to see them again. But if anyone thinks Kerry is going to "fix" the problems here, or pull us out, you're sorely mistaken. All his idle "Well I would of done this, or that" is time proven pre election BS. I'll tell you this, if you want us to come home, stop the glad hand bullshit, and let us do our job, get this place where our government wants it, puppet president and all, then pack it up and do what we should have been doing for the last fifty years, taking care of America. But everytime you give an inch here, they try to take a mile, and if you noticed a step up in activity, particuarly carbombings, it's because we have been told to step it down a notch or two, and when we did they turned the heat up. Kerry is weak, has no plan, and will be walked over by the powers that be. Till he lays out what he is going to do, he is just as bad a choice as Bush, especially since he was hand in hand on this till it came time to get party votes.

this war has not helped, but actually hindered the economy, unlike korea or vietnam...
the taxpayers (US) will still be paying for this war 20 years from now... and its not even over yet...

Not only did it get rid of one of the most foul dictators present-day Earth has seen, it showed other countries that we're not afraid to go kick some ass if we're messed with.

saddam hussein is by far not the worst ruler of a country we could have gone after...

and they did not mess with us, that was all false allegations by bush...
and if we wanted to set an example why didn't we kill bin laden instead of going to play in that fucking sand box???

and let us do our job

no matter if you take the gloves off or not, there are NOT enough troops to stabalize that cluster fuck of a country... this war will not be won against suicide bombers and people that take citizens as hostages...

Contradicting the main argument for a war that has cost more than 1,000 American lives, the top U.S. arms inspector reported Wednesday that he found no evidence that Iraq produced any weapons of mass destruction after 1991. He also concluded that Saddam Hussein's weapons capability weakened during a dozen years of U.N. sanctions before the U.S. invasion last year.

so first we beat the shit out of him to protect our oil interests in kuwait...

then we sanction his ass out the gord and ban him from having WMD's...

and then after he has no arsenol of WMD's, and a poverty stricken country due to sanctions, thats when we decide to take over the country???????

what the fuck???

and he only wanted WMD's to protect himself....
how ironic...

Back