oil leak

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just change my head gasket recently.. and im just wondering why im leaking dayum oil??? its a lsvtec ... we torque it to its spec.. we put everything back perfect. and just wondering why its still leaking. do anyone know wats the problem or had that problem??>.. do i have to resurface the head.. or use like rtv or like honda bond or something???? need help ASAP?!?! thanks!

Did you use the LS head gasket?

Where is the oil? If it is on the intake side, you need to make sure the VTEC oil passage in the head is sealed well. Otherwise it could be any number of seals and you will have to be more descriptive before we can help you.

its not on the intake side its right on the header side. its also not the cam seal..?? its in between the head and block.. right below the vtec solenoid but at the bottom of the head..?? and when i check it.. there is no leak on the head (vtec solenoid side) but theres oil on the block (bottom of the head on top of the block header side)??? so im not sure if its the head gasket or we got to retorque the dayum head?? and its a brand new ls head gasket thanks!!!

Still sounds like a cam seal, mine is the same way. Id repalce it either way, they are only like 7 dollars for the OEM one and like 25 for a STR or Golden Eagle that have 2 or 3 o-rings compared to the OEM version that only has 1 o-ring.

Could be the Dizzy O-ring, I Had the same type of bs happening then I replaced the O-ring and it stopped. It dripped down and looked like it was coming from the head gasket on the left side where the head meets the block!
JIM

im sort of having the same problem, but I think mine is a cam seal. not to thread jack but i there a cam seal on the timing belt side of the cams? i think thats where my oil is leaking if there is.

naw dude its in between the head and block because... there is no oil leak on the head its just drippin down the block...and i got a new cam seal which is STR. and im thinkin it might be the one we tap...... or something else.. we will just pull off the head agen!!!! thanks!!!!!

check this out. i had oil leaks on my ls/vtec here is what i did i put just a little honda bond around the oil passages from the head and block. also if you put a screw in the head to close up the oil passage i would just seal it and not have the head ache. just my .02

does it look like this?

leak1.jpg

most likely a distributor o ring. this thing:

leak2.jpg

costs like $1.50 replace that, then if it's still leaking, it's gotta be the cam seals.

question... how come mine is right in between the head... cuz if its the dizzy it should also be leakin on top of the tranny..?? but mine is in front of the tranny meaning facing the motor right near the header... thanks for all your help!!!!

because your engine and head tip forward slightly
thats what i thought that my head gasket was leaking but when i checked and replaced the distributor o-ring it went away.

You should really try that as it is cheaper to replace than a new head gasket and the time to pull the head, been there done that!!!!!
JIM

Back