Ok Dumb Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDMaxGuy

Thinking of turboing the acorn.... what is a good small externally wastegated turbo, i was thinking t/3 but i dont know if that will be too big... keep in mind im only going to be running 6-7 psi... i honestly dont know good sizes for my setup

its my accord mate :) thats its nickname im gonna be different and do SOHC turbo F22 just for fun im not trying to be fast i just want to do it

a .63/.63 is what comes with a drag kit for a b16.. and thats a t3/t4. its far from a large turbo

at 7psi? I'm not so sure. At 14 or even 10psi, I could see a .42AR running outa steam. The F22 might be a 2.2L, but the head flows for shit in stock form. I think the .42/.48 might be a little on the small side, but a .48/.48 or preferably .48/.63 would be nice. If you get a bigger T3 (60trim) you'd prob be in a good spot. Get compressor maps + figure out what your head flows if you're really worried about it.

i dont want to go into too much detail and get technical with it since im not serious about making this motor fast, like i said something reliable cheap and goodly sized, see i know nothing about A/R sizes and crap i may just go with a 14b or something.... who knows im still in planning stages

a dsm header bolts onto the h series. with that said I believe the bolt pattern on the F is the same as the H as far as exhuast goes... so tehre ya go

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Jun 21 2004, 05:37 PM
a dsm header bolts onto the h series. with that said I believe the bolt pattern on the F is the same as the H as far as exhuast goes... so tehre ya go

my stepdad is a master welder/welding inspector he is building me a header so i dont have to worry about that. and if i was going to use a DSM header i would just use an EVO one since they have bigger ports, but as Brian said i dont belive it will fit

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jun 21 2004, 06:09 PM-->
f and h are nto the same
F22 and H23 have the same exhaust bolt pattern and port shape. The h22 exhaust bolts are slightly different, but the port shape is totally different (more oval). I already ordered my EVO manifold from Slowboy Racing.

spodaB1

ok, I know the dsm header bolts onto the H series...

It is not a bolt on, it still needs to be machiened slightly to make it work. The easiest way is to fit your H23/F22 exhaust gasket to the EVO/2G manifold and mark where holes need to be ovaled. I have pictures for your viewing enjoyment. I kept them huge for detail.

EVO Manifold modified for H23/F22
s40dd7f2dc84c2.jpg

After gasket is fitted
s40dd7f695574b.jpg

Remember kids, it's not ghetto, it's grassroots.

Back