Ok, srsly now. What bike?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Strap on your gear, bring a helmet, and go ride some dealer demo bikes. Ride every damn bike you can get your hands on.

For the vfr800:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your 12-month premium:[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Pay in full - $3,201.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] (includes pay-in-full discount) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Or start a policy today for $533.25[/FONT]

I got quoted at 7k. ended up with 1100 through allstate with everything. keep looking. try to throw it on your cars policy.

:eek:Damn... Im sorry. I dont know what to tell you. I had 2 tickets and just as much as experience on a bike then as you do now. I guess I got lucky. Who are you with? Geico gave me the 7k (2k less than the bike cost me.)

I'm with USAA, and they don't offer motorcycle insurance directly anymore, they make you go through Progressive..... I get a discount, but not much apparently.

I'd say, Im sure you've already thought of this amazing idea, but I'd shop around. Especially since thats not even a super sport.

I just joined the AMA, and I got a quote from McGraw Insurance:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2]
Your 12 Month Quote* is:
You can start your policy for just: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2]
$ 234.00
$ 58.50[/SIZE][/FONT]
Guess who I'm going with?

Ahhhh, ok, now I see that they by default didn't select coverage for physical damage to the bike.

Last edited:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2]Your 12 Month Quote* is:
You can start your policy for just: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2] $ 1,363.00
$ 340.75[/SIZE][/FONT]

With a $500 deductible on the bike.

Wow, insurance is a buttload cheaper on a 2007 VFR800A.

Same coverage levels, and progressive drops down to 1300/yr and McGraw drops to 948/yr.

Guess I'm going to get an older bike, since the VFR hasn't changed AT ALL since 2007.

Yeah, that's what everyone tells me.

I'm going to check rates sometime this week.

I have had a 04' Cbr600rr and a buddy of mine had a 05' 1000rr. I definitely loved my 600 and never had a problem with it being my DD. It was fun and could get up and go very quickly if I wanted it to. Now, the 1000 is ridiculous for a DD, it has too much potential for going 60 mph on the highway to work. Stick with the 600, I have a feeling you are really going to like it.

Oh and, me personally, I like the White/Black versions

I sat on a VFR today. It was an 08, and the personal bike of one of the guys at the local bike shop.

I'm in love. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to pay for it. :D

I pay $37 a month, full coverage with a 500 deductible. On an '07 CBR 1000rr. State Farm ftmfw.

I told him like 6 times that no one can touch state farm.

Why do you keep pulling random quotes? you're wasting your time.

any bike of any size and any year, IF you insure your car with statefarm your bike insurance will be under 500/year

Call someone at state farm and get a quote.

I've got to do the same as I need insurance on the Si still. and the policy for the bike is up for renewal.

I had insurance on my GSXR600 at age 19. It was 95 a month with geico and a 500 dollar deductible. My payment was 76. Biggest reason I got rid of it.

Back