OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well i have done 2 (!!) Smog check pretest today, costin 40 bucks each.

so i take the forst one.. and yes.. i must agree i failed.

s3fada59183d7b.jpg

Dont ask why the fuel cap failed?? it passed two weeks ago, and passed the second test.. WTF?. After the test, the technician says, "hey, do an oil change that will bring things down a bit." So i go to the store, go home, and change the oil.

I drive down and take a second test.....

s3fada5c288b94.jpg

I FAILED BY ONE FREAKING POINT!!!!!!!!!

As B would say "reason #4385429911243142434232112o00o0" why california sucks!"

i must say i am beggining to agree. they offer no percent error in these freking test! ONE PHUCKING POINT!!! damn....

What should i do to "remove" this point? Ive done everything.

Cap, rotor, wires, plug, oil change, O2 sensor change, air filter, Stock intake.

the only thing left is a CAT, so i guess im gonna have to shell out 200 bucks for a nw one. I hate this shit! all this money, time, and work that i am putting in to this just to get a sticker. sad.... and in two years ima have to go throgh it again.

On these test, i ran 91 octane, and a retarded timing.

DMV, CALI, and especially TAGS/REGISTRATION can all **** off

[rant/]

that sucks, by one point :(
get yourself a vafc/safc and lean out your shit, thats what i had to do to pass.

B, I am wanting for what reason # cali sucks, I know that was reason # 5 or 6 for moving to Texas, there is no way I could pay that much money to pass smog, then pay just to pass it. California is just getting way out of control.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Nov 8 2003, 10:05 PM
B, I am wanting for what reason # cali sucks, I know that was reason # 5 or 6 for moving to Texas, there is no way I could pay that much money to pass smog, then pay just to pass it. California is just getting way out of control.

?? English please....

how long did you run your car before you tested her? The cat does not become fully funtional until up to 15 minutes of driving. Some one posted a how to pass emissions and they said, let the car run as long as possible before the tests and don't let it have a chance to cool down.

What gas does your engine normally demand. Run the lowest quality gas exceptable for that engine (like if your car suggests 87, run 87 not 92).

Worse comes to worse, find a "Modified car freindly" shop from honda tech, or run a denatured alchol/gas mixture.

A VAFC can be had for about 175-200 used. (check ebay and hondatech).

Try changing fuel filter. Excess of Hydro carbons mean your runing rich right?

Is your PCV in good condition?

oh yea.. PCV is also new... ive ran the denatured alcohol mix, and came up with a very high NOX.

this time i retarded the timing. mabe thats why my NOX came down?, and didnt run the mix, and i came closer to passing than i have before.

so.... i am open to more ideas.

One fucking point. Move to Indiana.

how come you didn't go to Pass or Don't Pay place? i always go to one and i always pass on the first try. And they are often "test only" centers too. would have saved you some bucks.

there are NONE around now that they have to put your car on a DYNO for the test.

Mst shops dont even have the dyno, and the ones that do, HAVE to charge, in order to make the money back that it cost for the dyno to be installed.... phuckin Cali emmisions.

Looks like "Teslim" needs to learn how to punch in the ID of a car...

Any honda scores WAY lower than almost any Buick, Ford, SUV or Full size van made today... And yet they feel the need to harass hondas with IHE.

Amazes me.

-> Steve

Rudlude, what I meant was...

You have to pay to get your smog checked, then if you don't pass smog, you have to pay more money just to able to pass the smog check. Then on top of that, you have to pay again to see if you will pass smog.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Nov 9 2003, 11:48 AM
Rudlude, what I meant was...

You have to pay to get your smog checked, then if you don't pass smog, you have to pay more money just to able to pass the smog check. Then on top of that, you have to pay again to see if you will pass smog.

you are correct. but my previous reply was to riceboy

EDIT: wait, nm

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Nov 8 2003, 10:43 PM
oh yea.. PCV is also new... ive ran the denatured alcohol mix, and came up with a very high NOX.

this time i retarded the timing. mabe thats why my NOX came down?, and didnt run the mix, and i came closer to passing than i have before.

move to washington state y0!!!

92octane pump gas
2nd higest minimum wage in the country
and you only gotta pass a tailpipe emissions test like every 4-5 years i think
or when you buy a new/used car

plus you dont have to pay sales tax when you puy parts out of cali

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy+Nov 9 2003, 02:36 PM-->
rudeludenotmeanthough
@Nov 8 2003, 10:43 PM

move to washington state y0!!!

92octane pump gas
2nd higest minimum wage in the country
and you only gotta pass a tailpipe emissions test like every 4-5 years i think
or when you buy a new/used car

plus you dont have to pay sales tax when you puy parts out of cali

:D :D :D :D :D :D

92 and upwards of 95 octane gas here in the Indiana/Ohio area.
Don't know what the min wage is here. but I started at Meijer for 7.50 an hour base. (better than 5.75 at Arby's two years before.)
Plus we have :no: emissions testing, EVER... :worthy:

but im still west coast so shipping for JDM parts is cheaper

our minimum wage is $7.01 the national is $5.15

is the 95 octane at every pump???

not at every pump. but it's at 50% of them. I normally get 92 because the closest Marathon to my house with 95 octane closes at 11 pm, and I normally fill up in the middle of the night....lol

Back